User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hobbies

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    WOW WOW WOW I don't know where to start!! Debra ,I just love the Bluefronts Elizabeth that is really impressive [do you do shows?].Amanda [is that what you do for work?] Shelly when do you find the time Steve its neat you make glass beads.

Parrots

B and G: Sparky, Red Fronted macaw: Jax, RBC: Pretty
    I actually have an online business, you can see my other work at www.etsy.com/shop/SteamPinkDesigns
    I love to make all sorts of things and an so happy to get to share it!

3. The following 3 users like this post:

Pinkbirdy (07-09-2013), ShellyBorg (07-09-2013), Turquoise (07-09-2013)

Parrots

3 Alexandrines Oxy, hatched August 2012 Bruno, hatched August 2011 Prince, hatched August 2009
    no terri, not yet atleast. for now it is just something i do to pass time. i only do my nails at the moment (i have no girl friends), but alot of people tell me to start my own business, but i lack the confidence in myself. one day ill do my nail tech course and start

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Quote Originally Posted by gemini_84 View Post
    no terri, not yet atleast. for now it is just something i do to pass time. i only do my nails at the moment (i have no girl friends), but alot of people tell me to start my own business, but i lack the confidence in myself. one day ill do my nail tech course and start
    You should ,nice side money [Im in this type of business]

6. The following user likes this post:

gemini_84 (07-09-2013)

Parrots

White bellied caique named Meiko :)
    Sewing is really fun I make quilts and beds for my dog and cat and blankets and shirts and all sorts of stuff.

Everybody is so talented!!! Wow! Beautiful nails, I love it!

8. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (07-09-2013)

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Lots of talented friends here! Beautiful items ya'll all make!!

I have run the gambit of crafts & hobbies in my long life. I used to cross stitch & still have kits I have never started. When I did them, I would change colors add things & anything I could do to make it my picture rather than the bought pattern. I had one of those programs Debra has before my flood. The disk didn't make it through all the chemicals floating around in my home for 11 days. And of course the computer it was downloaded on didn't make it! I don't cross stitch anymore since I can't see the small stuff as well & glasses drive my eyes nuts.

I guess I will just go through all the things I have done & still do since it is a long list. Cross stitch, needle point, crocheting mostly afghans, knitting mostly shawls, tapestry weaving, Native American style bead work like loom beaded, but this is my hand sewn like a piece of material style I created way back first in the mid 70s & perfected in the 90s. Oil & acrylic painting, woodworking/wood burning, guitar playing.

Most of these hobbies I don't do any more or haven't in a long time. I still crochet & knit in winter time. Too hot to hold heavy thread in my lap here in the summer. I still attempt to weave rugs, but have not mastered it yet & my homemade looms are a bit displaced til I finish remodeling & move things around. I do have a portable store bought loom & a spinning wheel which I found I have no talent for. I don't think I have any Amish ancestors in my line. I guess that is all I can think of for now & I will find photos to back up some of the things I mentioned hopefully tomorrow & post them.
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    I have a few photos of the hobbies I have done in in the past & still do. The first ones will be a little of my cross stitch work & some of my recent crocheting & knitting projects.

This is some cross stitch I did on my coat while I rode all over the US
    in my hubby's truck.

A partial finished crocheted afghan I am making for one of my friend's dogs.

A finished crocheted afghan I made for the same friend's other dog.

Two halves of a knitted purse I haven't finished yet.

The same knitted purse with both pieces together. Still not finished.
    Last edited by Turquoise; 07-10-2013 at 12:12 PM.
    ~~My Flock~~

11. The following 2 users like this post:

Blancaej (07-10-2013), Pinkbirdy (07-11-2013)

Parrots

These are photos of the handmade bead work I used to do years ago. These photos went through our flood & amazingly didn't get destroyed. These look like they are done on a loom, but I made them by sewing the beads together with a very thin needle & wax thread. My style is not sewn one bead at a time, rather you take up the whole line & sew 2 down at a time til you get to the end. It is like material and can be cut anywhere in the pattern without losing the beads as long as you run a line of thread through the last row of beads.

~~My Flock~~

13. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (07-10-2013)

Parrots

A few more photos of some of the hobbies I do on occasion.

I didn't make the box, hubby did. I drew & painted the inlay macaw.

A porcupine quill necklace, earrings & bracelet I made years ago.
    It has not held up very well being jostled around.

I didn't make the buffalo skull, just the beadwork necklace part.

My son gave me the unicorn when he was still in Jr. High, my
    daughter-n-law gave me the polar bear fetish. I made the beaded part.

Just a necklace I made for a Halloween party I went to a few yrs ago.
    ~~My Flock~~

15. The following 3 users like this post:

Blancaej (07-10-2013), Pinkbirdy (07-11-2013), ShellyBorg (07-11-2013)

Wow! Those are all great! You are very talented. Thanks for sharing.

17. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (07-11-2013)