User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hobbies

Hobbies

What is it that you enjoy doing when you aren't working or taking care of your birds? I have just started canning and preserving this year, but my main hobby is cross stitch. I take mine with me when I go on long trips, take it to the laundromat, take it anywhere that I will be sitting for a while and can pull it out. Here are a couple pieces of my work.

This is my "grand cat" that is owned by my future son-in-law. Her name is Precious.

This is Mickey. She was the only documented bird with cushings disease.

My Frankie.

Bo and Judy that belong to a friend of mine.

I've done heaps more, but this is a sampling. Now, what do you all do?

2. The following 5 users like this post:

Blancaej (07-08-2013), Honesty (07-08-2013), Pinkbirdy (07-09-2013), plax (07-09-2013), Turquoise (07-09-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    They are lovely. Did you draw the pattern yourself before stitching? I used to make pretty jewelry but gave that up because it was too costly. Now I am looking forward to the Photoshop learning. I also bought a book on tree identification since there are so many around here. It is fun. Also bird watching outside. We have many species here such as Eastern Bluebirds and just about every woodpecker you could imagine. More species of course.

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Blancaej (07-08-2013), Turquoise (07-09-2013)

Parrots

B and G: Sparky, Red Fronted macaw: Jax, RBC: Pretty
    You do beautiful work, I knit a lot, sculpt, and just started my business in handmade jewelryClick image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (49).jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	995Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bracelet1.jpg 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	996Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (67).jpg 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	997Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (82).jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	998.

6. The following 4 users like this post:

Blancaej (07-08-2013), Pinkbirdy (07-09-2013), plax (07-09-2013), Turquoise (07-09-2013)

Those are fantastic Debra. They must have taken you hours?

You know my hobby is gardening, which you have seen pics of, plus I like flower arranging

8. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (07-09-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Rescued View Post
    You do beautiful work, I knit a lot, sculpt, and just started my business in handmade jewelryClick image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (49).jpg 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	995Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bracelet1.jpg 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	996Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (67).jpg 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	997Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (82).jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	998.
    You have some lovely things there Elizabeth

Elizabeth those are beautiful!!

Wendy -- it takes months to finish one piece! That's a lot of hours. I pushed myself hard to get my grand-cats done in time for his birthday. I was given the picture just a month before. My hubby bought me a computer program that takes a picture and turns it into a pattern.

11. The following 3 users like this post:

Blancaej (07-08-2013), Honesty (07-08-2013), Turquoise (07-09-2013)

You must have alot of patience Debra

Parrots

eclectus x 4, cockatiels x4, lories x2, budgies x26 and babies all year round of all my birds
    they are so nice , my partner does cross stitching, as for my hobbies when i can sit down for half hour to write ill put them up lol

Parrots

TAG: Spirit, Senegal: Damon, Blue & Gold: Paris, Parrotlet: Opal, CAG :Boomer, Quaker: Widget and at a foster parents RLA: Danny. :D
    I do stained glass, jewelry making, crochet, wood working, hiking, goat packing, and anything else that sounds fun.
    “She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.” ― Mark Twain

15. The following 2 users like this post:

Blancaej (07-08-2013), Turquoise (07-09-2013)

Parrots

White bellied caique named Meiko :)
    I'm with ShellyBorg, I do anything that sounds fun!!! Haha I love hiking, snowboarding, reading, playing tennis, knitting, sewing, and swimming!! Those are just what I can think of right now. I do anything. Haha

17. The following 3 users like this post:

Blancaej (07-08-2013), ShellyBorg (07-08-2013), Turquoise (07-09-2013)