User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snakes, Lizards & Birds, Oh My!

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.

Snakes, Lizards & Birds, Oh My!

So we went on yet another mini vacation from Sun-Tues. We went up to Ottawa Canada then over to Montreal on Tuesday. They have some great museums up in Ottawa. We visited the nature museum and went to a live reptile show. It was all hands on and the kids got to pet all kinds of reptiles. Here are some pictures:

Morgan petting a bearded dragon.

Marcus petting a baby bearded dragon.

Marcus petting a turtle.

Me feeding a camilion. That was cool!

Morgan and Marcus petting a Komoto Dragon.

The kids petting a python.

Kids photo op with the big giant snake!

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

2. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (07-26-2013)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    We also went to the Biodome in Montreal on Tuesday. They have created different habitats within the "dome". One of those simulated habitats is the rainforest. We went to the Biodome because they have a pair of hyacinth macaws there. Well they are rotated and they were not out yesterday. Won't be until December! But we did see a couple of scarlets and military macaws. Here are the photos:

This poor scarlet lost it's tail feathers.

Scarlet #2

Military Macaws

This appears to be a new breed of bird or reptile hatching as we speak. Not sure I recognize the breed, do you? LOL!

Last edited by Blancaej; 07-25-2013 at 07:36 PM.

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

4. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (07-26-2013)

Parrots

Here are a couple of Puffin pics I took.

6. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (07-26-2013)

How much fun you all must have had! Great pictures. Kids look like they were enjoying themselves.

8. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (07-25-2013)

Parrots

Thanks Debra! We had an awesome time. We seem to have more fun on our 3 day mini trips then our week ones. LOL!

Parrots

B and G: Sparky, Red Fronted macaw: Jax, RBC: Pretty
    Beautiful pics! They are lovely, I especially love the Puffins; they are such interesting creatures.

11. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (07-25-2013)

Parrots

Thanks Elizabeth! I thought the puffin photos came out pretty well considering I was shooting through glass. They were so fun to watch!

Parrots

Green Quaker- Cooper
    haha looked fun. whe I was little there was a retile thing like that at my school every year! helped get me started for my love of reptiles(and now birds too!). looks like your kids had fun! and I hate the one to be a "downer" and point this out, but I HIGHLY doubt that was actually a komodo dragon :O it was most likely some other type of monitor(a komodo is a monitor, just HUGE and very very very very aggressive and powerful)

14. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (07-26-2013)

Parrots

I couldn't remember the exact type. I'm sure I got it wrong. lol!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Your kids are so cute !! (in the egg] Of course I love the birds .

17. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (07-26-2013)