User Tag List

Thread: Oh, boy a new bell!

Oh, boy a new bell!

One of Frankie's boings needed to be replaced so I ordered a new one. The new one is sisal and has a big bell on the bottom. The old one was cotton rope and had no bell. The selling point of the new one for us was the bell as he absolutely LOVES bells. Well, we put the new boing up one night after we had covered him up for the night. The next week or so, he wouldn't even go to that side of the cage unless we tricked him into it. Well, he has now discovered the bell. It's a loud bell. He apparently thinks he needs to match the noise level of that bell. He loves that bell. We can no longer hear the tv or hear to talk on the phone because he plays with that bell almost non-stop. What was I thinking when I bought a boing with not just a bell on it, but a BIG bell???

2. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (07-05-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Ha Ha, nothing wrong with happy bird [truly enjoying his toys ]

4. The following user likes this post:

Debra (07-05-2013)

Parrots

eclectus x 4, cockatiels x4, lories x2, budgies x26 and babies all year round of all my birds
    oh sounds like he totally enjoys his new bell, maybe you should get another and see if he can make music with the two lol

6. The following user likes this post:

Debra (07-05-2013)

It actually has a cluster of three hanging near it. He really makes a joyful noise when he gets going. lol

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    I think a video is in order with Frankie serenading us with bells. At least a photo of him in his bliss & you covering your ears.

None of my big birds like bells. The macaws take them off & watch them fall to the enclosure floor. Leyla Belle just ignores her bells as well as Peta my GCC. The budgies will play with theirs at times. My birds must be defective. Nope I think they like the sound of their own voices better!
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

9. The following 2 users like this post:

Debra (07-05-2013), Pinkbirdy (07-05-2013)

Parrots

Green Quaker- Cooper
    haha. cooper also LOOOOVES bells. the normal bells get destroyed within a day(he takes the ringer out of them) but he hasn't done anything to much to the cowbells. so I try to stick with cowbells coopers favorite bell is, actually the one on his boing he doesn't yell back though, just sits and rings it over and over for like 20 minutes. then goes and eats a bit, then rings the bell more. haha

11. The following user likes this post:

Debra (07-05-2013)