User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beautiful, Sweet Harlequin Macaw

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)

Beautiful, Sweet Harlequin Macaw

I went to Bird Paradise in Burlington, NJ today to get Rosie some food and visit the birds. They had the most beautiful harlequin macaw there on consignment. She is two years old and her family is moving across the country and can't take her. Her name is Quinn and she has been there for about three months. She is a bit beaky which I guess scares most people. I took her around the store and hung out with her in the family room. Although she bluffs a bit and does grab with her beak, she doesn't apply any pressure. Such a sweet girl, she gave lots of kisses and just needs a good home.

I thought I would attach some pics I took just in case anyone in the area is looking for a new flock member.

I hope I am posting this in the right area.

On a side note, I just found out that Bird Paradise has a whole bunch of consignment birds not out in the store. I think they have another Harlequin, an amazon, a cockatoo and a slew of smaller birds. Might be a good thing to know since you need to ask to see a lot of the consignment birds.

Attachment 949Attachment 950
    Attachments Attachments image.jpg  

image.jpg  

Rosie & Kendra

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    It sure would be nice if all the ones hatched to sell had promised and good homes. I hope this sweet girl finds someone to care for her.

3. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (07-17-2013)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    She is a sweetheart isn't she. I hope she found or finds a great home.

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

5. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (07-17-2013)

She is beautiful and I am sure she will find a loving home very soon.

7. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (07-17-2013)

Parrots

eclectus x 4, cockatiels x4, lories x2, budgies x26 and babies all year round of all my birds
    what a beautiful bird she is, i wish i lived over there.

9. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (07-17-2013)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    I went to Bird Paradise yesterday and found out that Quinn is going to her new home this weekend! My heart is so happy for her.

While we were there my daughter fell in love with sweetest baby red lored amazon.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374668088.613948.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	1071
    She called Daddy but he was adamant, NO MORE PETS!!
    Rosie & Kendra

11. The following 3 users like this post:

Mare (07-24-2013), ShellyBorg (07-24-2013), Turquoise (07-25-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Kendra, my hubby's threatened to leave home if I brought home one more!

13. The following 3 users like this post:

kendrafitz (07-24-2013), Pinkbirdy (07-25-2013), Turquoise (07-25-2013)

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    If my hubby threatened to leave home if I brought one more critter in, I'd just tell him, "Good, leaves room for more cages!" He knows better than to give me an ultimatum, I'd take him up on it & tell him I'll even pack the tiny box all your stuff will be fitting in!

But then, we've been married for almost 35 1/2 yrs. He already knows he can't win if he ever tried telling me anything.
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

15. The following 4 users like this post:

Cami (11-26-2013), kendrafitz (07-25-2013), Mare (07-25-2013), Pinkbirdy (07-26-2013)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    I am so glad that sweet Harlequin found a home! What great news!

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

17. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (07-25-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

We are going on 34yrs. . I am going to sneak in a few finches, one of these days, he really doesn't want anymore house eating birds!

19. The following 2 users like this post:

2birds (05-22-2014), kendrafitz (07-26-2013)