User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some Great Recipes :)

Smile Some Great Recipes :)

Here are some great recipes for you to try

I have done a couple of them!

http://www.parrothouse.com/recipes.html

2. The following 5 users like this post:

2birds (03-18-2014), Kalidasa (05-13-2013), Lady (08-15-2014), Pinkbirdy (05-02-2013), shelbyrenee1329 (05-02-2013)

Parrots

Bandit - Rose Breasted Cockatoo
    Great link! I'll try the oatmeal ball one and tweak it a bit to suit my cockatoo!

Parrots

Caique- Pickles, Blue throated macaw- Lars, Medium sulphur crested cockatoo- Lilly, Double yellow headed amazon- Babe, Senegel- Rocky, Goffins cockatoo- Pearl, Catalina macaw- Fiesta and many many rescues!
    I have used them before as well my guys liked some didn't like others, it was hit or miss, thanks for sharing Wendy I'm sure many new parrot owners can put this to great use on the road to spoiling their kids.

You are welcome Justin. We love to spoil our kids

Parrots

1green cheek conure (Nika) 2 budgies (gadget and Diego)
    Awesome link, I'm all over this! I'm gonna replace butter with raw virgin coconut oil. It's healthier, and tastier.

7. The following user likes this post:

Lady (08-15-2014)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    With all these to choose from, which would any of you think would be a good basic starter one to try? Is there a good link on how to reduce it if you have only one medium size bird. I don't want to take up all the room in the freezer or have too much to feed the outside birds if she doesn't like the one I choose.

Super Moderator

Parrots

As I am reading some of these recipes I'm thinking some we could eat too~ I think the pineapple carrot bread for one.

Always keep in mind that a receipe calling for baby food or those Jiffy mixes are not safe for birds.

Baby food is formulated for the needs of HUMAN babies and fortified with a lot of iron, vitamins, that sort of stuff which will cause an overload in birds, especially if you are feeding pellets which has that sort of stuff in it already.

Jiffy mix also has the same but to a lessor degree but still an over load for birds.

Super Moderator

Parrots

Good to know, thanks Renee' The pineapple carrot bread doesn't have either. I have also noted that there isn't really a need for the egg shells I see in some recipes as well. I read it can be harmful if the shells are not ground really well, due to sharp edges. Besides the ingredients in this particular recipe, it is also written for an amount I think I could keep in the freezer. But I think I will wait a bit to actually make it. The oven has to be on 350 for 65-75 minutes. It is way to hot this time of year.

12. The following user likes this post:

Mare (08-22-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    I've tried a few of these recipes and it's always a hit or a miss. What one likes, the other won't get near then the one who liked it turns her nose up at it the next day! Thanks for reviving this thread, Alice, I'm going to keep trying new ones