User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We got our harness!

Parrots

Green Quaker- Cooper
    thanks guys. I definatly am not giving up. I was just sort of in a bad mood from the start of the day(not becase of the harness, different reasons). I was just sort of being impatient. I agree I think I was just going abit to fast. ill keep you updated in the future. and he cant get distracted from this thing! when I had it part way on him he wouldn't stop! I tried food too, it ignores it. haha

2. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (06-19-2013)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    I would imagine the harness would bother some birds more then others. I am slowly getting Quincy used to it. I put him in one years ago and he freaked and I gave up. I am not giving up this time even if it takes a year. LOL! You will just need to find out what works in getting Cooper to stop chewing. I am sure you will figure it out at some point. Could it be too small?

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

Parrots

Green Quaker- Cooper
    I don't think it is to small. he fits in it nicely. I have to tighten it or else it is very loose. but it isn't to tight.

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    Well that's good. So I guess the only thing to do is find what will help him stop chewing it. Keep us posted on your progress.

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

Parrots

Green Quaker- Cooper
    k. mini update. today, he doesn't seem very afraid. he doesn't even notice it until its right on top of him almost. but even then he still isn't afraid. he just ATTACKS IT. when it isn't on, he just chews like a toy. but, still not afraid, he sort of just try's to avoid getting it on a bit, like you would expect at first(and for some birds maybe a while), but once he gets it on, he doesn't stop chewing! its like he is going crazy! I don't know how to get him to stop that! it makes it INSANLY hard to get off, because he wont let go, and I have to pry his beak off of it and hold him so I can get it off and I feel bad and once its off, he seems a bit shaken up but then is fine after like a min or 2. I even tried taking him outside as soon as I got it on. it worked for all of 3 seconds while I was walking out the door. as soon as he hit the ground he started the chewing. he is already just barely starting to fray part of it. it is really nothing and might of even been there before but I just noticed. anyways, I think its getting slightly better but not much. bright side is I got him outside for all of 30 seconds! I got a few pics too!

as you can see in the pictures he is non stop chewing.