User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby coming home!!

Parrots

White bellied caique named Meiko :)

Baby coming home!!

My baby caique is coming home next weekend!!! I'm so excited, but its like a newborn coming home! I'm gonna have to get into a routine and all that. I'm nervous, excited, and happy all at the same time. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371340467.664525.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	872
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371340486.273222.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	873
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371340498.458816.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	10.1 KB 
ID:	874

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Wonderful !!! Its been such a wait and I agree its like adopting a child. Its great getting them at this stage . My caique Greta was my first bird . I feel I really lucked out cause their such great birds You are going to love this little guy

Parrots

I hope so!! I hope he doesn't have crazy mood swings like some caiques I've heard of :P I'm pretty sure I'm just nervous

I am really happy for you Jade. I know how long you have been waiting for this moment. Look forward to seeing lots of pics

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Oh how exciting!! You will be a great parront!

I have heard they are very busy & fun birds to have.

It is just like bringing home a new baby! All my feathered kids I have now except my Green Cheek and the budgies were weaned babies. I was a bundle of nerves wondering if they would like me & if I really knew how to take care of something so dependent of my care, every time.
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

Wonderful news! Can't wait for the pics.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    We know how excited you are. Birds of any kind or type are just so special in our lives. Have fun picking a name.

Parrots

Thanks everyone!!! It's like a countdown now! Hahaha I'm like cleaning my apartment and talking to my other animals, telling them that a new baby is coming home and we have to make sure he's welcomed!! Haha I have been looking at this empty cage full of toys unplayed with for too long! Anyway, I just hope I'm a good fit for a caique. When I did my research and played with a few caiques, they seemed like the perfect bird for my personality!!! We'll see :S

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Don't be nervous . I know the more you read and hear [it can talk you right out of things]. Its discouraged me from many birds. Good example- my blue frnt amazon [Is a "hot zon ] hes a rehome . If I had paid attention to what was said about them I would have really missed out.Let me tell you about my caiques . When I first brought them home . I would put a blanket on the back of the couch with toys [and let them come and be curious about me] I built a nice relationship that way. I still do that if people come over and want to see them . Their louder with their calls when their babys. Watch what you have out [that they cant have ] like a pencil . Their bears about giving things back [they wont HA HA ] Their foodies so don't limit them to things [best eaters of my bunch]. as for being beaky ,don't let them sit there and continually do that [maybe put them on a stand ] That's what they always say about caiques and my conures were worse. I attach toys on the outside of Gretas cage too [top and sides] she really keeps herself entertained playing with them . If your guys having a moody day [take him out later] . A set schedule [with out times ] keeps them from turning into monsters. Mine put themselves to bed at night and don't want to be messed with.

Parrots

Thanks Pinky!! I do read things sometimes and think maybe I don't want this, but then I see videos about them being all cute and crazy and I get right back into it!! I'll try to raise him to not be a monster :P Thanks for the advice

11. The following user likes this post:

Pinkbirdy (06-17-2013)