PDA

View Full Version : Little Amber

Debra
06-09-2013, 03:57 PM
Here is a pic of my Little Amber. She came to us with the name Amber and our daughter is named Amber so we just added Little in front of her name so people can tell which Amber we were talking about. lol. She came to us as a plucker with a bald spot. Don't know her history so we don't know why. I think the folicles are damaged because in the 3 years we've had her there have not been any pin feathers in that spot. This year, however, she laid her first egg. I noticed that she had plucked more on her belly so I'm attributing that as hormonal. She never showed any interest in that egg and is growing the new bald spot back in. She does the quaker quake a lot -- especially if she's nervous or mad. All she says is "Amber" and "good girl". She hates my hubby and tries to bite him any chance she can get. She loves me however.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Blancaej
06-09-2013, 04:31 PM
Little Amber is sweet as well! She looks like she's got personality! :th_biggrin:

ShellyBorg
06-09-2013, 04:35 PM
What a great little girl!

josiesdad
06-09-2013, 07:18 PM
She has mischief in her eye's...she is cute

Turquoise
06-24-2013, 06:22 AM
A[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] Little Amber looks so demure and sweet.:th_hug8: I guess that is until your hubby comes around. What a cutie she is & it is so nice her bald spot is growing back. I have read about other species of parrots doing that when they were hormonal & started growing the plucked nesty feathers back. The hormones must trigger all the feathers to grow again.

Honesty
06-24-2013, 07:19 AM
Amber is just adorable :)

Debra
06-24-2013, 01:14 PM
Thank you for your kind words. She really is a sweetheart. Love her to pieces.