PDA

View Full Version : Chillin In The Living Room

Blancaej
06-09-2013, 12:35 AM
Savannah went into work with me today, so when we got home I figured she was tired and wanted to just hang out in her cage. I go into the living room after dinner and she starts calling for me. So thanks to her, I bring her and Quincy in the living room to chill with the family. We all had a great time just relaxing and enjoying each others company. And yes, that is a bed in my living room. My mother-in-law came to visit a couple of weeks ago and we still haven't found the time to take the bed out of the living room. LOL! :th_ashamed3:

The good news is, this room will be a bird room in about a months time. We are no longer renting our in-law apartment and are expanding my downstairs. So we will have a new living room and the birds will have a room of there own. That means one day I can expand my flock. Hee Hee! ;)4

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Debra
06-09-2013, 02:03 PM
Sounds like a good time was had by all!

Blancaej
06-09-2013, 03:10 PM
Thanks Debra! :th_biggrin:

Pinkbirdy
06-09-2013, 04:59 PM
That's a perfect big room for your birds [and new birdroom] .On here, I have seen some of the most amazing rooms ever by members [WOW] .I show Dave every one of them [Im sure he things Im going to rope him in to doing this at are house LOL :)][of course I am !!] Last night we were at a pet store [they don't normally have birds anymore ] .But we were there to check out toys . I heard birds as I was approaching [they had sun conures and a quaker [which you never see around here. So Dave and I had a good time taking them all out !! The staff was surprised ,we could handle them all. Funny once your a bird person birds seem to know. When we were about to leave .I had all the conures on me . Daves like whats going on here . I said planning the conure room at home of course LOL:)

Blancaej
06-09-2013, 05:12 PM
Terri - Yes I have seen some amazing bird rooms, too! Mine will be simple to start. LOL! But it will be a great place for the birds to hang out with us. I plan on leaving our Futon in there for us to sit and hang out with them. The only think that needs improvement in there is the lighting. So hopefully we can work on that. The curtains are coming down so maybe we will get lots of natural sun in the room. I will have to test it out and see!

I love your story at the pet store. Sounds like you had a great time! LOL! Conure room, I like it! ;) Oh, I'm not helping am I! :th_biggrin:

Pinkbirdy
06-09-2013, 05:42 PM
I have to say the curtains and blinds [Ive given up with :)] in my room LOL I figure if its the worst thing they do I can adjust :)

Blancaej
06-09-2013, 06:50 PM
Curtians and blinds are replaceable, right? :) I'm taking them totally off. We live in the country and it's the birds room. So we don't need them for privacy. Any traffic lights shouldn't be an issue because they will be far enough away from the windows in the room. I may keep the shades but put them all the way up and if there are any headlight issues, I can use them to avoid them scaring them at night. We'll see! Lots to think about! LOL!