PDA

View Full Version : Happy to meet you all

Birdzee
06-08-2013, 02:25 AM
Hi everyone my name is Maddie.
I joined your great forum and looking forward to getting to know all you and your beautiful fids...

I have been owned by one bird or another over the years.. Right now I am owned by a beautiful Latino Red Faced Lovebird I call Baby Boy... Simple name but it just seems to flow so easy...

I rescued him from a family who had to return to India.. He has 6 members in that family so he is a bit spoiled and nothing seems to bother him..I live alone and if some of my friends or family stop by he goes to everyone...so he is super friendly..gaining more confidence as time goes by...I have only had him for about 5 months and my biggest challenge is getting him to eat fresh food as he only had seeds before but slowly he is getting used to different foods that I offer him...

Anyway going to see if I can post a few pix of him...and have a better look around the forum to see what I can learn...
Hugs
Maddie

ShellyBorg
06-08-2013, 02:36 AM
Welcome! and what a great looking boy you have there!

Turquoise
06-08-2013, 02:41 AM
Welcome to the forum Maddie. Baby Boy is gorgeous!:th_heart: I love how his colors glow. I look forward to seeing more photos of Baby Boy. I love colorful fiddies.:th_biggrin:

My Green Cheek conure was 5 yrs. old when I adopted her. She too was a seedaholic. She eats way more things now, but she still needs to give up the seeds more. It is an uphill battle when they have been on a seed diet for a long time.

Blancaej
06-08-2013, 02:54 AM
Welcome Maddie! Your little one is very beautiful! Can't wait to see more photos!

Birdzee
06-08-2013, 03:01 AM
Thank you for the welcome..I just adore this little guy...he can be loud at times too and getting more curious about everything around him every day.. He usually has some lipstick on him as I can't stop kissing him..LOL
He adjusted very quickly when I got him so he has been a real sweetheart to have around...

Miss Ruby Jewel is beautiful...and I love that quote from Mark Twain.. I used to have it on my posts on a different forum when I had a Jardine parrot...:)

Honesty
06-08-2013, 07:11 AM
Hello Maddie and :pp_welcome:Its lovely to see you here:)

Look forward to seeing more pics of Baby Boy.

Debra
06-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Welcome Maddie and Baby Boy! Good to see you here.

plax
06-08-2013, 12:58 PM
Hi again, Maddie... It's so nice that you've returned :). Thanks for sharing Baby Boy's story with us. Enjoy the community!

spiritbird
06-08-2013, 01:19 PM
We are all happy campers here. Glad you joined.

Birdzee
06-08-2013, 03:28 PM
Thanks everyone for your warm welcome..
I did put some pix of Baby Boy on here..
Little lopsided but maybe someone can right them..
nice to meet you all...having fun learning the ropes here..:th_heart:

jtbirds
06-08-2013, 03:38 PM
Hello maddie and welcome to the forums! I look forward to seeing you around:).