PDA

View Full Version : I don't think Josie liked her...

josiesmom
06-08-2013, 12:47 AM
We had an unexpected visitor tonight and I'm pretty sure Josie did not like her. I brought her out to say hi, but it took her a really long time to say her signature hello. Her eyes were flashing and she just did not look happy. She did, however, do a few little tricks that she normally does when she first meets someone. As I was putting her back in, she nipped me as if to say don't do that again. Truth be told, I'm not particularly fond of our visitor and was thinking that maybe Josie picked up on that. Any thoughts?

ShellyBorg
06-08-2013, 01:07 AM
Birds are fast to love and hate! I had a guy who I was going out with that night pick me up at home. ALL of the birds as soon as he walked in went on high alert and kept doing contact calls and yelling for me , over and over. I looked at him and decided on the spot I did not like this and claimed that my landlord would toss me out if I did not quite the birds and that I could not go out with him. He called me crazy and walked out. I shared my dinner with the fids and called my self lucky.

Blancaej
06-08-2013, 01:25 AM
I think many animals and birds have a good sense about people. If you think they are trying to tell you something they probably are!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Turquoise
06-08-2013, 02:20 AM
Our feathered kids definitely do pick up on our emotions when we don't particularly like someone or don't trust them. That is what I believe from the reactions mine display if I don't like someone around them. I don't get many visitors & they are few & far in between. My boys will usually hang out at the back of their enclosures if a stranger is in the house. I can get Roscoe on my arm & bring him out, but he is leaning very close to me. They don't talk while the house is invaded with the strange 'vermin'.