PDA

View Full Version : Quincy & Savannah Go To School

Blancaej
06-07-2013, 12:54 AM
This past Tuesday Quincy and Savannah went to my daughters 1st grade classroom. The 2nd grade class joined us as well. We also did a quick stop into the kindergarten class. My husband took some photos but started a bit late so I have none of Quincy actually out. He did take some of him in his cage though. I think the best parts were when Quincy kept making mumbling noises when we first went in. It was like he was having his own little conversation. They also loved when Savannah came in. They were amazed at her size and colors! Here are a few pics.

Savannah preening while I was talking away! My daughter was next to me in the white and pink shirt.
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Quincy being a good boy in his carrier after his presentation.

My daughter giving some facts about Savannah

A photo of the kids. My son Marcus is sitting in front of me next to his sister on the left of him.

The kids were well behaved and so were the birds. Something I would definitely want to do again!

Pinkbirdy
06-07-2013, 01:24 AM
Cute they look pretty relaxed.Nice your able to do that [it seems with ease ] . I want to do more in the public with my birds [Harlows great :)] but I get pretty worked up about the others .

Blancaej
06-07-2013, 01:38 AM
I think it does depend on the bird. Savannah is pretty laid back and Quincy loves attention! :)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

josiesmom
06-07-2013, 01:48 AM
It looks like a good time was had by all! So happy you and the kids had a good time. You looked so relaxed, I'm jealous. Good job!

Blancaej
06-07-2013, 01:57 AM
I was nervous at first but once I got in the room I was relaxed. I love to gab anyway! Lol :D

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Blancaej
06-07-2013, 03:56 PM
Thanks to Tony I have fixed my photos so they should be easier to view without clicking on the link. Thanks for the info Tony!

Debra
06-07-2013, 04:03 PM
Looks like a good time was had by all!

Mare
06-07-2013, 04:24 PM
That's wonderful! I'm sure the kids loved it! Great photos!

Blancaej
06-07-2013, 04:29 PM
Yes, the kids enjoyed it. We did visit the Kindergarten class for a few minutes, too. They were a little more rambunctious and one kid tried to pet Quincy after I warned him he bites. Bad idea! So we didn't stay long and I left with all the little kids fingers intact. Few! That goodnes. LOL!

Honesty
06-07-2013, 05:57 PM
I am sure the kids loved it. Great pics :)

Momto3boys
06-08-2013, 12:03 PM
Oh the pictures are great! Looks like everyone had a great time and Im glad all little fingers were intact haha.

Turquoise
06-08-2013, 12:56 PM
Savannah looks so relaxed as if she has always been going to school visits. I can imagine they were both big hits with the little ones. I bet your daughter was on cloud nine being the talk of the school. :thanks4sharingthumb

I remember when my son was a junior in high & I brought my iguana, one chinchilla, his ball python & my Nanday Conure to his biology class. Even high school kids like that kind of stuff. And way back when he was in the 3rd grade I brought my rock & mineral collection to show & tell. You never saw so many little fingers touching & prodding every inch of each rock. And the questions were never ending. I had a jar of quartz & jasper polished rocks I let each one choose their own to take home.