PDA

View Full Version : A Cockatoo falls in love with my Son :)

Honesty
06-05-2013, 05:00 PM
My Son absolutely loves Codie, but Codie will have nothing to do with him.He is very much a one person Bird and is all for me. My friend has an African Grey that also does not care very much for Daniel.

Yesterday he went out for the day to our local Zoo. They have an area with many Parrots, which do amazing tricks. For about an hour before the show, all the Birds are out on their perches and you can go around and talk to them. Daniel went over to a Cockatoo who instantly fell in love with him. He put his head down for Daniel to pet him and screamed everytime he tried to walk away lol. He sat down and he flew to Daniel's shoulder and just sat there. By this time, it was time for the show and the lady came and took the Bird from his shoulder and put him back on his perch.

The Cockatoo refused to perform and kept flying back to Daniel, even though he was in the middle of alot of people! I think it was love at first sight :th_LOL:Daniel was so happy, that a Parrot finally loved him :) Here is a pic....

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Momto3boys
06-05-2013, 05:03 PM
A[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] that is so awesome.

And ahem....your son is a total cutie :th_heart: The birds not bad either :th_loltears:

Honesty
06-05-2013, 05:09 PM
Thankyou Brandy :)

Daniel has just moved out and has now set up home with his GF :( I miss him, but he is not far away and his GF Lexi is lovely. Here is a pic of the two of them.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Momto3boys
06-05-2013, 05:10 PM
A[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] they`re adorable!!!!

Honesty
06-05-2013, 05:13 PM
A[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] they`re adorable!!!!

:th_hug8:

Debra
06-05-2013, 05:25 PM
That's fabulous! I would have loved to have seen that.

Honesty
06-05-2013, 05:27 PM
That's fabulous! I would have loved to have seen that.

Isn't it funny how a Bird takes to a certain person instantly?

Daniel was so happy about it :)

aliray
06-05-2013, 07:00 PM
Maybe there will be a cockatoo in his future

Honesty
06-05-2013, 07:17 PM
Maybe there will be a cockatoo in his future

I have a feeling you could be right Alison :)

alnoble89
06-05-2013, 07:32 PM
Aww that's so sweet. I shall not preform I want to see my human. He must come back. Now he needs to find one like that, that he could bring home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

jtbirds
06-05-2013, 09:36 PM
That is so great! Your son looks nothing like what I would have though lol! Thanks for sharing wendy.

Honesty
06-05-2013, 10:20 PM
That is so great! Your son looks nothing like what I would have though lol! Thanks for sharing wendy.

Thanks Justin :)

Now I am curious! What was you expecting my Son to look like? :wink-new:

jtbirds
06-05-2013, 10:32 PM
Haha nothing had wendy, you have blonde hair he has brown, your facial appearances arnt as similar to me, but I have never been one to be able to tell son to father and such so I may just be blowing smoke in my face haha!

He is a handsome guy none the less and I did not mean it in any other way:p.

Honesty
06-05-2013, 10:51 PM
Haha nothing had wendy, you have blonde hair he has brown, your facial appearances arnt as similar to me, but I have never been one to be able to tell son to father and such so I may just be blowing smoke in my face haha!

He is a handsome guy none the less and I did not mean it in any other way:p.

LOL... I often get a surprise when I finally see someone. You get a vision as to what you think someone will look like and most of the time they are nothing like :)

Mare
06-05-2013, 11:00 PM
Your son and his GF are a striking couple, they look very happy! As far as your son and the cockatoo, this is a step up from, "let the bird pick you" saying!

birdlady
06-05-2013, 11:34 PM
What a cute couple:-) its funny....its the opposite here,.Nani my M2 is totally infatuated with my son, but he wants nothing to do with her:-( I think it makes her sad..lol

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Bokkapooh
06-06-2013, 12:42 AM
What a cute story and what a beautiful couple your son and GF make!

Blancaej
06-06-2013, 12:51 AM
Wendy - you have a handsome boy. ;)

Love the cockatoo story. How fun is that!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Honesty
06-06-2013, 07:23 AM
Your son and his GF are a striking couple, they look very happy! As far as your son and the cockatoo, this is a step up from, "let the bird pick you" saying!

Thankyou Mare :)

That Cockatoo sure picked Daniel. He even flew to him while he was sitting amongst alot of people! It just goes to show how intelligent they are!

Honesty
06-06-2013, 07:25 AM
Wendy - you have a handsome boy. ;)

Love the cockatoo story. How fun is that!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Thankyou Blanca :)

Daniel was so happy about the Cockatoo falling in love with him :) He is so used to Codie attacking him, that it took him by surprise to be singled out by a Cockatoo.

Honesty
06-06-2013, 07:25 AM
What a cute story and what a beautiful couple your son and GF make!

Thankyou :)

Turquoise
06-06-2013, 07:53 AM
Wendy, your son is a doll!:th_biggrin: Oh & his GF is a cutie too! You are lucky he moved out, but still close enough to see him often. My son followed his GF to Alaska where her parents live & now they are buying a house up there. He won't be moving back down here, ever. It will be 5 yrs. in Sept since I have gotten to see him. They, he & his wife say each year they will come down for a visit, but something always comes up.

I totally love that the Cockatoo fell in love with your son like that. Parrots are very intelligent & a great judge of character. Maybe if the Too keeps refusing to perform, they will tell Daniel to come get it. Wouldn't that be awesome!!:th_hug8:

merlinsmom13
06-06-2013, 12:21 PM
A beautiful couple, so glad they're going to be close. I'd be terrified of satisfying a cockatoo :O Our 'zons are hard enough lol

Honesty
06-06-2013, 04:38 PM
Wendy, your son is a doll!:th_biggrin: Oh & his GF is a cutie too! You are lucky he moved out, but still close enough to see him often. My son followed his GF to Alaska where her parents live & now they are buying a house up there. He won't be moving back down here, ever. It will be 5 yrs. in Sept since I have gotten to see him. They, he & his wife say each year they will come down for a visit, but something always comes up.

I totally love that the Cockatoo fell in love with your son like that. Parrots are very intelligent & a great judge of character. Maybe if the Too keeps refusing to perform, they will tell Daniel to come get it. Wouldn't that be awesome!!:th_hug8:

Thankyou De'Andrea:)

I am sorry you have not seen your Son for 5 years:( I know how bad I felt when Daniel was in Australia for a year!
My eldest Daughter lives in the USA and I have not seen her for 3 years now:(

I think Dan would have loved to take the Cockatoo home with him:)

Honesty
06-06-2013, 04:46 PM
A beautiful couple, so glad they're going to be close. I'd be terrified of satisfying a cockatoo :O Our 'zons are hard enough lol

Thanks Becky:) I am also terrified of Cockatoo's lol