PDA

View Full Version : Hey y'all!!!

tiffnmango
06-04-2013, 09:45 PM
Hi! My name is Tiffany aka tiffnmango. I am a college graduate back in school with the hopes of attending Vet school. I have had a love for birds since I was 18 and bought my first parakeet. Currently my flock consists of just me and my fid, Mango.

Mango is a 1 (almost 2) year old Sun Conure. He enjoys popcorn, pistachios, almonds and destroying anything wooden. He likes giving lots of kisses and we are currently starting to work on recall training and hopefully get him saying a few words. He also loves cuddling and helping me wake up for class in the morning LOL.

I've experienced some rough times in my life, as I'm sure all of us have, and the one thing that hs pulled me through was the love of my current flock at the time. Previous members of my flock include: Chipper (parakeet, 2007-2010), Blitzen (parakeet, 2011), JoJo (quaker, 2011). All have passed on and are flying free with the bird flock in heaven :angel: Chipper and Blitzen were pet shop birds and JoJo was a parrot I adopted.

I am always trying to learn new things about parrots or any kind of companion birds :) I will try and honestly answer any questions anyone asks and I hope to learn a lot from other, more experienced owners.

plax
06-04-2013, 11:12 PM
Hi Tiffany... I'm so happy you've joined us :). I apologize for the delay in replies to your thread, but it happens occasionally. It can be a bit dynamical here depending upon the schedules and availability of members.

Your hopes of becoming a vet are most admirable :). We have another young member here -in fact he's one of our moderators- who's maintaining similar plans.

I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your feathered ones :(. That's always so difficult since they come to mean so much to us. Mango sounds like a terrific little guy! I love Suns; they're so beautiful!! Please post some pics of him when you can... lots of folks here would love to see him. BTW, my GW's most favorite thing in the world to eat is popcorn :th_gwm:.

I hope to see you on here often and hear more about Mango :D. Precisely Parrots is a brand-new forum site, so you may notice some inconsistencies here and there from time to time. We're working to minimize those as much as possible, though.

Thanks so much for becoming a member!

Blancaej
06-05-2013, 01:15 AM
Welcome Tiffany! Sorry to hear about your losses. :( But I'm glad you joined us. :)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Turquoise
06-05-2013, 05:24 AM
Hi there Tiffany & Mango. Welcome to the forum. I am at work right now & have limited time to post til I'm off again tomorrow.

Mango sounds so adorable & tho I have never owned avsun Conure, I think they are gorgeous! I wanted to be a vet many many years ago. I didn't pursue my dreams. I will enjoy hearing all about your adventures as a vet & more about Mango.:th_welcome2:

Honesty
06-05-2013, 07:55 AM
Hello Tiffany and :pp_welcome:Thankyou for joining us and hope to see lots more of you:)

I am sorry to hear of your losses. Mango sounds adorable and we would love to see some pics of him.

Momto3boys
06-05-2013, 10:23 AM
Hi Tiffany and welcome to PP.
Mango sounds like an absolute sweetie pie, I thinnk we need some pics!!!!

Im so sorry about your losses, everytime we lose a loved one a little piece of our heart goes with them :th_hug8:

spiritbird
06-05-2013, 01:19 PM
We are all happy you joined us. This is a wonderful forum where you can make many birdie friends and get advice from experienced guardians.

Debra
06-05-2013, 03:27 PM
Welcome to the forums! I can't wait to learn more about you and Mango. Pics are a must!

jtbirds
06-05-2013, 09:17 PM
Welcome welcome! I have been slightly missed in action due to some life things. We can be sure to teach you much much more so ask away! I can't wait to see more from you:)

Haha tony who would that member be?;)

tiffnmango
08-20-2013, 08:06 PM
Just thought I'd give everyone an update...plans have changed a little bit and instead of going to Vet school I'm going to graduate school for Zoo and Aquarium Management with the hopes of becoming a bird curator. I think this will be a better fit for me!

spiritbird
08-20-2013, 08:07 PM
That sounds so exciting. Please keep us updated on your progress. Good luck.

Honesty
08-20-2013, 08:23 PM
Thats great news Tiffany :) Look forward to hearing how you are progressing with this!

Turquoise
08-21-2013, 01:42 AM
That sounds like a fun & exciting career Tiffiny. I would have loved to go into something like that back when I was young.

Yes, please keep us updated on how it is going. :th_greet13:

Wulfgeist
08-21-2013, 09:32 AM
Welcome Tiffany and Mango, glad you could join us. I once had a sun, she was a sweetheart but pretty darn noisy when she didn't get her way. I like your career choice, that sounds pretty exciting. I hope it goes well.

:th_welcome2:

Rescued
08-21-2013, 12:43 PM
What a great Signature! Did someone draw it for you? Welcome and good luck with all your plans.

tiffnmango
08-23-2013, 04:21 AM
Thanks!

Rescued: yes, Luiza Roli designed it for me. She customizes them for your likes and animals. You can Facebook message her and she's usually pretty good about getting back with you.