PDA

View Full Version : Moving

kackels
06-04-2013, 02:26 PM
Well, it looks like we will be moving in 1 month to a friends house for about 2 weeks, then moving into the rental house. We will have to put all our stuff in storage during this time except what we really need during those 2 weeks. I'm worried about jellybean and how she will handle these 2 moves. Then we turn around and move AGAIN In about 3 months to the new house!

Any suggestions on making this transition easier on her???

tiffnmango
06-04-2013, 09:56 PM
Moving isn't easy for anybody or anybirdie! But Mango and I can speak from experience on frequent moves. In the past 2 years we have moved 7 times! :onthego:

It hasn't been easy nor entirely by choice....but that's another story for another day lol.

The main thing I can say is make sure to spend extra time with jellybean! She is going to feel and react to your stress levels as well as being stressed herself. Make sure she has her cage and familiar things (as much as possible) and try to keep up her routines. Once again I do understand your moving around and some of the options are gonna be limited. But have patience with her and she'll in turn be more accepting with you :)

Feel free to ask any questions!

Blancaej
06-05-2013, 01:30 AM
I'be moved Quincy once 10 years ago. He did well. I think Tiffany gave great advice.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

6/7/13 - I just fixed a typo Quincy's name was spelled wrong. I hate the auto correct on my phone!

tiffnmango
06-07-2013, 02:06 PM
Oh! If its a long move you might want to look up to find a vet in the area where your moving too. And if your bird gets carsick use ginger to settle their stomach!

Blancaej
06-07-2013, 02:10 PM
Good suggestion Tiffany!

Turquoise
06-08-2013, 02:54 AM
Hope all goes well for you & JellyBean when ya'll move. I have never moved with my birds, so I don't have any experience to draw on. Tiffany has some very good tips and has done this many times. She has a good understanding on moving with parrots.:th_biggrin: