PDA

View Full Version : The crazy goffin Pearl update

Pinkbirdy
06-04-2013, 02:42 AM
Well to catch everyone up .I saw this ad on craigslist for a goffin with cage for 200 dollars . You never see Goffins around here.I knew something had to be really wrong with it . So I got the go ahead from Dave and called . Well I went to see it and this thing was nuts[like Id never seen before]. Thought I walked away from it [cause she had other people to show it to] Then she called! I was the only one she would trust . So I thought I would try to help her so she could keep the bird .I tried everything .Mine and her concern was this bird would be resold and possibly go to several homes. She says shes just not a bird person . So here I am tonight with Pearl [thinking shes going to go through bird bootcamp] But I was able to get her out of the carrier without getting bit,and she let me rub her forehead through the cage bars .I couldn't do that at the other house [she was trying to kill me LOL} Another thing that's making me nuts is she 25 years old . One owner said she was male and the last one for 3 years said its female and named her Pearl [No Dna sex done] I thought I might be able to tell it being a 2 [but have no clue] Im also surprised how big they are [not far off from my LS2 ] Im sure ive met my match !! No more craigslist for me :th_biggrin:

jtbirds
06-04-2013, 02:44 AM
sounds great pinky keep us updated for sure, im only a message away if you have a problem:).

Pinkbirdy
06-04-2013, 02:51 AM
Try to post pictures [soon as she will hold still!!]

jtbirds
06-04-2013, 02:54 AM
goffins dont hold still very long, you will learn that quickly:p

Turquoise
06-04-2013, 03:47 AM
I try to stay away from craigslist also, tho luckily I haven't completely fallen for any I've seen yet.

Yes Terri, we need photos! Even if they are blurry! :th_hehe:

Mare
06-04-2013, 04:14 PM
The best time for a photo of Sassy is when she is resting with her foot tucked up. :). I hope she settles in with you without too many headaches, wish you luck!

Momto3boys
06-04-2013, 04:17 PM
Im so glad shes with you now :th_heart: