PDA

View Full Version : Wooden Cockatoo

Maddy
06-03-2013, 05:22 PM
I found this adorable wooden cockatoo at the Orlando bird show today. It was only $3, and I couldn't help myself.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

Tonight, I painted it to look like a citron cockatoo. Between painting and sanding it, it took about 2 hours. I really wanted to detail the beak, but I didn't. And I'm REALLY happy I didn't! I love how simple it is!

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

I'm really upset I only got one. If I can find them at the next bird show I'm going to buy them all. :P

Honesty
06-03-2013, 05:41 PM
Thats lovely Maddy. You have done a good job in painting it :)

Blancaej
06-03-2013, 06:11 PM
Maddy - That looks awesome! Have you tried looking online for more perhaps?

Maddy
06-05-2013, 05:48 PM
Thanks! :th_biggrin: Yeah, I have tried looking online but I can't find parrot shapes like that. Only chickadees and owls. :/

aliray
06-05-2013, 07:01 PM
Very cute I thought I was seeing double

Pinkbirdy
06-06-2013, 02:46 AM
So Cute !! Wish I could paint :) love the double 2 picture !!

Turquoise
06-06-2013, 05:41 AM
Great job Maddy! It looks just like Jester. I like the simplicity of the beak you chose also. Can't wait to see more when you find them.:th_biggrin:

I did similar parrot cutouts in wood for ornaments in an ornie exchange on a small forum this past Christmas. I drew & cut my own out & chose to use my wood burner for detail. I still need to learn how to use my Dremel tool for extensive detail. If you could draw your own & cut them out or have someone who could cut them, you would have an endless supply to work with.