PDA

View Full Version : Tree Swallows

crazyanimal
06-03-2013, 02:58 PM
I bought this bird house and put it up about 6 years ago and all this time no interest until this year. The tree swallows are nesting in it. They spent a few weeks just exploring it and going in and out of it and now this week I see them bringing back some twigs and brush to build a nest. I am so excited.

Sorry the picture quality is not so good. I had to use the strongest zoom on my camera as to not scare them away.

Blancaej
06-03-2013, 03:04 PM
Wow, very cool. It always feels good when they utilize the bird houses we provide.

Debra
06-03-2013, 03:31 PM
Beautiful! Bird houses are next on my list. This year it was feeding them and a bird bath. This summer/fall I will start getting bird houses for next spring. Can't wait to see what I end up with next year.

josiesmom
06-03-2013, 05:19 PM
Very nice!! You are very lucky to get to watch that progress. Enjoy your new neighbors. :-)

crazyanimal
06-04-2013, 12:36 AM
Thank you, I am truly enjoying it. I have another bird house but yet to get it hung up where I think it would be appropriate. I feed the wild birds too so I need to be sure it is out of contact so the housing birds can be comfortable and secure.