PDA

View Full Version : Elk in your front yard

spiritbird
06-02-2013, 10:56 PM
My daughter lives just outside Aspen, Colorado and will often have visitors in late winter to forage around her home. Thought you may want to see:

The other photo I want to share with you are the bluebirds that came to visit me on my windowsill a couple months ago.

josiesmom
06-02-2013, 11:59 PM
Love the pics. I've never seen a blue bird like that where I live. So pretty.

Blancaej
06-03-2013, 12:05 AM
Those are actually not moose. :th_biggrin: We believe they are elk. We have moose in VT. Beautiful pics though!

Robin
06-03-2013, 12:20 AM
Wow great pictures ! We have deer in our yard all the time. Blue birds around here make nest in the houses we have for them, plenty around here.

Pinkbirdy
06-03-2013, 01:29 AM
Arnt Moose supposed to be huge ? My brother tells a story of a friend that moved to Colorado he went to visit . Both were from New York state. They were driving in a smaller car and came across a moose in the road . There was a UPS truck and a guy on a Harley [in a stand still not going anywhere] .That should have been a hint [especially the UPS truck . Well my brother and his friend got sick of waiting and tried to just go around the moose. Well the moose got mad and charged the car [they screamed like girls] . Im sure his friend gave more respect to a moose next time he saw one LOL :)

Turquoise
06-03-2013, 07:52 AM
Those are beautiful photos Dianne. They are elk in the top pic. Gorgeous elk to be exact! I love seeing the big hooved critters. My son & daughter-n-law live in Alaska and they get to see all those beautiful animals as well.

Lover your story Terri. Moose are very big & dangerous. I would not have tangled with it either!

The blue birds are such a beautiful blue. I only wished we had them down here. Thanks for sharing with us Dianne.

Honesty
06-03-2013, 09:09 AM
Lovely pics Dianne:) The Bluebirds are very pretty. We dont have those here:( :thanks4sharingthumb

aliray
06-03-2013, 02:21 PM
Love the pictures. We used to have bluebirds up north in Mass. I will have to put up a couple of nest boxes down here and see if I can attract them here. I know some people in our area do manage to get them to nest here, Fla. I did see elk when we took a trip to washington and oregon many years ago and they are magnicent. Thanks for sharing the pictures

crazyanimal
06-03-2013, 02:56 PM
Wow. I'd love to have visitors like that. :)