PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys..new to the forum :-)

Allessa
06-02-2013, 04:08 AM
Hello everyone. I was invited to this forum by Wendy and being I've been Mia from the forum world for a while decided to come check it out. I do see alot of familiar faces :-)
My name is Janifer and I'm the proud owner of 9 beautiful birds and a 7 year old westie pug mix. I have a 6 year old Goffins, a 12 year old IRN, a 4 year old Quaker, a 4 year old black capped conure, and 5 lovebirds between the ages of 2-3.
My life has been a bit of a roller coaster the past couple years which is why I've been absent. In very sad events my previous husband took his life a year ad a half back in our time of separation. I moved to WA to start fresh...and I have since then remarried and we are expecting our first son in October. (Very excited!)
But in a series of another unfortunate events my father became ill with ALS (also known as lue garrids disease). There is no cure and he was given 2-5 years. We are almost at 2. So we decided to move back home and help my mom with not only him but our family restaurant as well.
But that's pretty much an update on my life. Here's some pics of the flock! (Sorry if I do it wrong...still getting used to this tapatalk!)
More pics to come

Allessa
06-02-2013, 04:10 AM
And of course our baby boy :-)

Also my moms African grey who we live with :-)

Allessa
06-02-2013, 04:13 AM
Live with*** sorry don't know how to edit posts!

Mare
06-02-2013, 04:29 AM
Hi Allessa and welcome! I don't think I know you but I'm glad you are here anyways! I'm sorry you have been going through some rough times, my dad is also having health issues, it's no fun, for sure. Your flock is beautiful!

plax
06-02-2013, 04:39 AM
Hi Janifer! Welcome to our friendly parrot keepers community :). Your birds are beautiful!! Thanks so much for sharing their photos.

I'm so sorry to learn of the terribly traumatic events that have touched your life :(. I wish the best for your father as well as for you and your new family. You probably already know this, but Stephen Hawking has been alive for many, many years with ALS. This suggests to me that it's not always a rapid death sentence. I cetrainly hope that's the case for your father.

I'll see you around the forums... Please take care!

Honesty
06-02-2013, 08:30 AM
Hello Janifer and :pp_welcome:I am so pleased you have joined us:)

I am so sorry to hear about all the tragedy that has happened to you over the last few years. I wish your Father well and congratulations on your pregnancy
:th_heart:

You have a beautiful flock and look forward to hearing all about them.

Mirlito
06-02-2013, 10:27 AM
A big warm Scottish welcome to you from the sunny Costa del Sol, Andalucía, Spain.

Debra
06-02-2013, 11:32 AM
JANIFER!! Welcome to you, Jaden, Tequila, Mika, Lacy, And the rest! Good to see someone I know from another forum here.

JerseyBella
06-02-2013, 12:03 PM
Hi! Glad you joined.

josiesmom
06-02-2013, 12:37 PM
Hi and welcome! Love the pics of the birds, but the Sonographer in me has to love the ultrasound pic as well. Good luck to you and your family. :-)

jtbirds
06-02-2013, 12:40 PM
Hello and welcome to the forums! Your birds are all so beautiful:).

My greatest condolences go out to you with the past events, the best of luck!

Justin

Blancaej
06-02-2013, 12:52 PM
Hello and welcome. I'm so sorry to hear about all you are going through. On a positive note, congrats on expecting! :D

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Turquoise
06-02-2013, 01:12 PM
Hi There Janifer, welcome to the forum. Very glad you decided to join our flock.:th_welcome2: Your birds sound & look so cute & the sonogram is awesome. A big congrats. on your future widdle 'featherless' baby!:th_biggrin:

I do know how you feel, my Mom took her life back in 2001 on my sister's birthday. It is not something you ever forget, but you do have to move past it & you are doing a great job of that. I commend you so much for that. I do hope your Dad has a long life & gets to spend many years with his new Grandbaby. Sometimes new life bring great heeling strengths to those lives they touch. :th_hug8:

Robin
06-02-2013, 08:22 PM
Hi Janifer :)

spiritbird
06-02-2013, 11:07 PM
I am so sorry for the events in your life that bring sadness. Animals can bring some peace, especially our birds. If you even have any ? about ALS please send me a PM as I am a retired nurse who took care of many people with LG disease. I am glad you joined our community.