PDA

View Full Version : Rain calls out to mocking birds...

94lt1
06-01-2013, 08:29 PM
We have a friend that is helping a mocking bird..it fell from its nest....well, every time rain hears its call, she calls back....its the most noise she has ever made.....very strange.........anybody have a clue as to why????

94lt1
06-01-2013, 09:06 PM
Here's a video

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

spiritbird
06-01-2013, 11:31 PM
Flock calls I imagine. If my two parakeets are seperated they really call out to eachother. How is the mockingbird doing?

Blancaej
06-02-2013, 01:07 AM
I agree with Dianne, flock calls I suppose. Kind of cool in either case! :)

94lt1
06-02-2013, 02:27 AM
The thing is that rain had never been exposed to a mocking bird prior to this...odd....don't know what to make of it..

The mocking bird is doing well..so far...

Pinkbirdy
06-02-2013, 02:39 AM
Maybe she just likes him for some reason. Interesting to see my birds really respond to things [and I have no idea why ] Im glad you gave a little update on Rain [I was wondering about her :) ] Hows your sunconure ?

94lt1
06-02-2013, 02:54 AM
Starburst still has issues with me since I saved his feathered butt from the hawk...we're friends...but only just.. but he has his days where we're fine...so idk..it could be a hormonal thing too...

Then avra, Hendrick, Monte and Seminole are all doing well... lots of cuddles and squawks....lol. and bites from Monte...lmao

spiritbird
06-02-2013, 01:22 PM
Birds are in their own world and we are lucky to be part of it and whiteness the wonders.

94lt1
06-03-2013, 07:10 AM
Lol, you could put it that way..
:) our birds share alot with us.. but there are gaps in areas of communication... but we're getting closer to knowing what they mean..lol..

Rain is a very odd bird..we love her to death..but she's...idk...her own bird?? She likes to be pet, scratched and played with..but she also has a independent streak lol..

She's probably still getting used to being treated well and wondering if and when its going to stop....poor baby girl ..it makes me truly question how a person can treat anything so innocent.. so badly.