PDA

View Full Version : 10 ways of knowing you are owned by a Parrot!

Honesty
05-30-2013, 07:20 PM
How true is this? LOL

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Debra
05-30-2013, 08:00 PM
That is so true!

jtbirds
05-30-2013, 08:46 PM
So sad, but so true:)!

Honesty
05-30-2013, 08:49 PM
So sad, but so true:)!

:th_hehe:

Pinkbirdy
05-31-2013, 02:44 AM
Ha Ha Wendy ,my familys always crying [that im cooking for the birds] :) I was getting my newspaper [from my boss] well then she canceled her subscription. I was kinda in a panic [I have a lot of birds ] with lots of cleaning.I thought of going up and down my street [to see who got the paper ,than ask if the could save it] Every holiday or birthday I ask for gift cards [so I can buy more toys for my birds ] Its all kinda crazy what we do if you think about it .

Honesty
05-31-2013, 07:35 AM
Ha Ha Wendy ,my familys always crying [that im cooking for the birds] :) I was getting my newspaper [from my boss] well then she canceled her subscription. I was kinda in a panic [I have a lot of birds ] with lots of cleaning.I thought of going up and down my street [to see who got the paper ,than ask if the could save it] Every holiday or birthday I ask for gift cards [so I can buy more toys for my birds ] Its all kinda crazy what we do if you think about it .

LOL.. I know exactly what you mean. I went out the other day to buy some new Jeans and came back with new toys for Codie instead :th_toofunny:

jtbirds
06-01-2013, 07:46 PM
Haha pinky I have already hit all my neighbors up for papers! We have a lot of very elderly neighbors and they are more then happy to give me there papers and many times in the summer when gardens are being harvested they bring nice veggies and so on for the birds they love them!

Carefree Birdee
06-01-2013, 08:13 PM
Too Funny! I can totally relate to most of those.....especially #2.

Terri....I would get newspapers for my birds from the Post Office....they had a recycle box where everybody could throw unwanted newspaper and mail....but I don't know of all Post Offices do that. Also I found a good source at the local library being they have a variety of current newspapers for people to read. And another place to try is an Assisted Living or Nursing Home facility.

Mare
06-01-2013, 08:16 PM
I can add a one more to this excellent list...
Not wanting to leave home for fear of no one else being able to care for them, the way you do! I think I need counseling!

Pinkbirdy
06-02-2013, 03:55 AM
Too Funny! I can totally relate to most of those.....especially #2.

Terri....I would get newspapers for my birds from the Post Office....they had a recycle box where everybody could throw unwanted newspaper and mail....but I don't know of all Post Offices do that. Also I found a good source at the local library being they have a variety of current newspapers for people to read. And another place to try is an Assisted Living or Nursing Home facility. Hey thanks for the idea [ill check into that ] These birds are going to be around awhile :).

Pinkbirdy
06-02-2013, 04:03 AM
I can add a one more to this excellent list...
Not wanting to leave home for fear of no one else being able to care for them, the way you do! I think I need counseling! I totally hear you Mare [a vacation for me would be 2 days] and that's sad!! We need a support group category for us crazy bird people LOL. I wish we all lived near each other we could be each others bird sitters :)

Mare
06-02-2013, 05:51 AM
I'm so with you on that, Terri! Even having my husband or daughter care for the birds while I'm gone, is marginal. You really need bird people to come in and take over their care. That would make me more able to enjoy my time away. Am I being neurotic? Maybe...:), but don't think so!

Debra
06-02-2013, 11:40 AM
I don't go for more than one night and then it has to be something important to me. I've only done it for my father-in-laws funeral and a few times for my daughter. That's it. Since I drive a school bus I have a split shift at work. I even worry about getting home early enough in the mornings to give them their out of cage time. LOL