PDA

View Full Version : My DIY Playgyms I just made!

Blancaej
05-30-2013, 01:16 AM
So I finally finished these new great play gyms and t-stands I made for my birdie buddies! I've made them from PVC. I found this great book that gave me directions on how to put them together. Which was really helpful. I tried making a pvc perch years ago and it was way to flimsy. So having step by step help in designing it was great!

Here are some pics:

Savannah's Play Gym

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Quincy's Play Gym

Savannah's T-Stand

Quincy's T-Stand

I was able to build in a swing on both gyms. They are both getting used to them and haven't really moved around on them much, but I figured that will improve with time! The newspaper I think isn't really necessary as I have plastic on my floor which is easy to clean up. The newspaper is kind of a pain to put down constantly! I think I just wanted them to stay pretty for the pics! I haven't tried the t-stands yet, but look forward to having a couple of good portable perches to use around the house! Next on my DIY list is window/shower perches and possible car perches for going back and forth to work only!

jtbirds
05-30-2013, 01:31 AM
They look amazing I am planning to make a few myself, I have two commercially made ones and my guys love them! Sure they will move around with time.

Blancaej
05-30-2013, 01:35 AM
Thanks JT! I had more fun making those darn things! LOL!

jtbirds
05-30-2013, 01:37 AM
Haha I'm sure I love making big things like playgyms or big toys, I can't stand making small toys, my fingers are to big...

Pinkbirdy
05-30-2013, 01:46 AM
Wow Blanca [IM SO IMPRESSED :) } You should make up a few more to sell :)

Blancaej
05-30-2013, 01:51 AM
I think you would enjoy it. Small toys are way to tedious and I have fat finger syndrome! :rolleyes:

Terri - Thanks! I have too many business already! Lol! :p

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Debra
05-30-2013, 11:53 AM
They look great!

Honesty
05-30-2013, 12:37 PM
They are amazing Blanca:)

Momto3boys
05-30-2013, 01:38 PM
Great job! They look great :woohoo-dancing-bana

Blancaej
05-30-2013, 02:37 PM
Thanks everyone! :th_biggrin:

If anyone wants the info on the book, here is the link to Amazon where I purchased it.

Blancaej
07-14-2013, 01:11 AM
So I've totally revamped Savannah's play gym. She didn't like the pvc perches or the colored vet wrap. I find she doesn't like colored toys either. So I changed the top to all natural wood perches and she will climb all over it now. I've added wheels to the perch since these photos as well. Here is a pic.

spiritbird
07-14-2013, 01:32 PM
Very nice. How long did it take you?

Blancaej
07-14-2013, 04:43 PM
I don't really recall. Maybe an hour or two to do the modifications. As I had to measure, cut the wood and attach it. Once my hubby got involved with the attaching part it went a lot smoother. LOL!

Turquoise
07-16-2013, 03:10 AM
Those are super Blanca!! :th_biggrin: They do seem to love the natural limbs much better than the pvc. Good going getting hubby involved. Every enclosure & play perch I have was my idea on how it would be made/setup & hubby did the hard work.:th_LOL: I used to build all my stuff by myself, but I didn't work outside the home back then.

I have two that incorporate pvc pipes mixed with natural limbs. I need to add a few limbs to one & rearrange the limbs on the other. One I use for Angel as it allows for him to lean across the limbs. The other I use for Ruby Jewel at the table for meals. All of my play perches have wheels & it makes them so much more useful. The two I used pvc pipes on are attached to small tool carts I got from Harbor Freight Tools, so the wheels came with it & it has shelves I can store things under it.

Blancaej
07-16-2013, 11:10 AM
I love the tool cart idea! You should post some pics! :D

Turquoise
07-17-2013, 07:18 AM
I will post pics Blanca when I remodel both of them.

Blancaej
07-17-2013, 11:27 AM
That would be great!

Minamommy
11-18-2013, 07:51 PM
Those are great too. So inspiring. Love the revamps. Great job

Blancaej
11-18-2013, 08:22 PM
Thank you! They are working out well! :)