PDA

View Full Version : Hello...Joining The Group

Carefree Birdee
05-24-2013, 01:42 AM
Hello....I am Carrie from WI. I had various parrots many years ago but with working and raising a family I had decided to put that aside for awhile until I could give the time needed to keeping birds. I really missed having birds in my life. I will probably start with a couple of little English Budgies and go from there.

cdog
05-24-2013, 04:12 AM
Welcome to the forum!:th_welcome2: As for your first bird, you cant go wrong with a green cheek!:th_biggrin:

Honesty
05-24-2013, 07:05 AM
hello Carrie and :pp_welcome:Thankyou for joining us :)

roxynoodle
05-24-2013, 11:47 AM
Hi Carrie, feel free to ask any questions you need to as you narrow your choice(s) down on birds. Budgies are wonderful and great family birds!

keepsmiling
05-24-2013, 12:37 PM
Hello Carrie and welcome to Precisely Parrots! :th_hug8:And welcome back to the wonderful life with birds!:th_heart:

Carefree Birdee
05-24-2013, 02:17 PM
Thank you for the nice welcome. Yes it is going to be wonderful to get back into the world of birds again....I have really missed them!

Honesty
05-24-2013, 02:38 PM
Thank you for the nice welcome. Yes it is going to be wonderful to get back into the world of birds again....I have really missed them!

Are you planning on getting your new addition soon?

Carefree Birdee
05-24-2013, 02:47 PM
Are you planning on getting your new addition soon?

Wendy, I do plan on looking for some birds soon. I have just cleaned and put up a some cages that I had in storage for several years. I wanted them to be all ready for when I bring a feathered friend home. There is a bird fair not too far away from me that I plan to go to this summer. I hope there will be some selection to choose from. The challenge will be not to go overboard...lol!

Honesty
05-24-2013, 03:48 PM
Wendy, I do plan on looking for some birds soon. I have just cleaned and put up a some cages that I had in storage for several years. I wanted them to be all ready for when I bring a feathered friend home. There is a bird fair not too far away from me that I plan to go to this summer. I hope there will be some selection to choose from. The challenge will be not to go overboard...lol!

Its all very exciting getting prepared for new additions to the family:) I love setting up Cages. Non Bird people would think that was very strange LOL

Blancaej
05-24-2013, 03:51 PM
Carrie - :th_welcome2: It's exciting that you are going to be adopting again soon! You must be so excited. Can't wait to see what you decide on! :)

josiesmom
05-24-2013, 06:44 PM
Welcome! Isn't it amazing how easy it is to get hooked on birds. They just make the house sound so friendly and fun. (even if they do have a screaming fit once in a while, it is still fun) I've been tossing the idea of getting an American singing canary.

plax
05-25-2013, 05:27 AM
Hi Carrie. Thanks for joining us :)

aliray
05-25-2013, 07:02 PM
Hi Carrie and welcome to the forum. And Anita I say go for it. I adore my canary they do bring a lot of joy with their singing

spiritbird
05-25-2013, 07:08 PM
Glad you joined us here.

Carefree Birdee
05-26-2013, 01:25 AM
Thanks for the welcomes everybody.

Blanca. Found your candy website....your store looks like an edible rainbow of color! If we make it up your way I will let you know.

Wendy, I know just what you mean about non bird people thinking we are strange. A relative was telling me all about how she was getting her scrapbooking room decorated and I shared that I was working on setting up bird cages for future birds. She gave me the strangest look...like I was from Mars or something. :th_imok:

Oh Geez....am I the only one on here that is bird less? :th_sad7: Hopefully not for long!

jtbirds
05-26-2013, 01:32 AM
Hello and welcome to forums I must have missed this one:(.... Well there isn't a problem with being bird less as long as you are taking the steps not to be;) haha.

May I suggest you look into a rescue bird or one needing a home if you are in your search currently or if you are looking for a certain species I am sure we could all help you find a good breeder:)!

Blancaej
05-26-2013, 01:54 AM
Glad you found our site! I need to update it soon! So much to do, so little time! Lol! Good luck with your bird hunt! :D

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Maddy
05-26-2013, 02:58 PM
Welcome Carrie!

Turquoise
05-27-2013, 09:19 AM
Welcome to the forum Carrie. I understand your need to be 'Feathered' again.:th_biggrin: I too had parrots many years ago & re-homed them due to life changes that could not be avoided. I am now 'Fully Feathered' again with the ever cute sweet sounding Budgies, alll the way up to the majestic macaws and I couldn't be happier with my decision to become a parront again!

I look forward to seeing photos & hearing all about your new feathered darlings.

@drlisaort
05-28-2013, 02:10 PM
Hi Carrie! I look forward to hearing about your plans--hopefully to bring a feathered child home...

Mirlito
05-28-2013, 04:35 PM
A very warm Scottish welcome to you from the sunny Costa del Sol, Andalucía, Spain!