PDA

View Full Version : Realized Today

Pinkbirdy
05-23-2013, 10:20 PM
Im able to have Charlotte [see my kids friends, at my house ] . She was very excited to see them ,kept saying hi . She would even shyly go over and sit on their arm. Nice to know what a gentle species she is. Do you guys know other Hawkheads like this . Shes the only one ive ever experience[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Pinkbirdy
05-23-2013, 10:23 PM
Charlotte[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

jtbirds
05-23-2013, 11:05 PM
Hawk heads are given a very bad rep. Many say they are unsuitable pets, loud, just not the species to own. I have always said that is not true at all and she is proving it;). They are great IMO and my dream bird!

spiritbird
05-24-2013, 12:02 AM
I have read in several places they do not make good pets, especially if you have other birds in the home. She is so adorable and I am happy for you to have a gentle soul i this bird.

Blancaej
05-24-2013, 12:46 AM
I don't know anything about Hawk Heads but I do know Charlotte is a beautiful girl! :D

Pinkbirdy
05-24-2013, 01:25 AM
I have read in several places they do not make good pets, especially if you have other birds in the home. She is so adorable and I am happy for you to have a gentle soul i this bird. Shes really doing great with all my birds [and theres alot] Shes not aggressive whatsoever with the others. Its cute to watch her she trys to do follow what my Macaw does. It was nice having my girls 2 friends there,and not having to worry about her one bit . :)

Mare
05-24-2013, 01:43 AM
She is very pretty! I've never met a hawks head, are they as large as an Amazon?

Pinkbirdy
05-24-2013, 01:59 AM
She is very pretty! I've never met a hawks head, are they as large as an Amazon? Mare its funny you say that ,because as she was being weaned . I did think she was going to be the size of an amazon . [I didn't have Tequila yet] so I didn't know. Shes not that big [try to get pictures next to others tomorrow so you can see] She just has a thick neck. maybe mini macaw size. I think she might be a best kept secret [for people wanting a bird recommended] They have such a bad rap on the internet [wanted to get the word out] :)

Honesty
05-24-2013, 07:29 AM
She is adorable.

rowansilverskye
05-24-2013, 12:58 PM
Gorgeous Birdy!!!I agree that people give many different Birds bad raps.I think Birds are a product of their environment,training,etc.Great job with this one!!

keepsmiling
05-25-2013, 08:23 AM
Well you know I think they are wonderful, and Charlotte is no exception. She's looking lovely!:th_heart:

Debra
05-25-2013, 11:59 AM
She's beautiful! I'd love to see one in person.

Minamommy
04-16-2014, 04:24 PM
Terri I am soooooo excited to see you have a hawkhead. After a TON of research and agonizing. I think this is going to be the next new addition to my flock. All I have hear and read about them seems pretty comparable to umbrellas. Love bugs, one person birds, can be loud at times, can be aggressive at times, don't except new foods well. I'm use to all of this. May I ask where you got yours since it has such a lovely personality?