PDA

View Full Version : ~~~Ruby Jewel In the Great Outdoors~~~

Turquoise
05-23-2013, 09:45 AM
Yep, one more Ruby Jewel thread to endure. This one is when I took her outside for the 2nd time last week while I was off work. Hubby (Jerry) was taking the photos with my new camera I just got & haven't learned how to use yet either. Unfortunately I have to be in the photos too, so please look past that & just enjoy the big red girl! :th_biggrin: Photo #6 is of hubby holding Ruby Jewel, she accepts us both right now. We will see if that lasts, he is elated that she allows him to hold her as Roscoe merely tolerates his presence in 'his' house.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

roxynoodle
05-23-2013, 01:09 PM
Beautiful photos!

Blancaej
05-23-2013, 03:49 PM
Beautiful photos! It's great that you are able to take her outside. I love seeing Ruby Jewel pics. Keep them coming. Love the dress you are wearing by the way. Very pretty!

Debra
05-23-2013, 04:14 PM
Ruby is so pretty!

aliray
05-23-2013, 07:33 PM
Great pictures thanks for sharing them

Pinkbirdy
05-24-2013, 01:41 AM
Im thinking you've got a good camera !! Whats the pixel ? Look at you outside with her!! I bet she loves it. You can post as many pictures as you want !!!! :)

Turquoise
05-24-2013, 08:51 AM
Terri, I do have a new camera. I just got it a couple of weeks ago, am still trying to figure out how to use it. I believe it has an 18 pixel. It is a Canon EOS Rebel T4i and it is awesome compared to my other camera even for a beginner using it! I have seen photos taken with the Canon EOS line & I've wanted one for awhile. I dropped my Kodak which was 14 pixels recently & broke the latch that holds the batteries in. Perfect reason to get another camera since I got tired of taping & holding the latch shut while trying to hold it steady. The Canon has much better closeup details & truer colors than my Kodak. Something I really like when taking photos of my flock.:th_biggrin:

Funny thing tho, while I was cleaning it up to send it to my friend Marlene in NY (it's a surprise to her, she was wanting a better Kodak camera than she has & I don't need it now) I realized I could have remedied the latch problem by attaching the tripod holder to the bottom. it covers the latch completely & tightens up to where the door doesn't come open when in use. If I had figured that out a month ago, I would not have gotten the Canon yet. Gee, sometimes it pays to be a bit dense!:th_LOL:

Blanca, thanks for the compliment about the dress. Here in Texas you have to find cool things to wear if you get two steps away from the air conditioning. Ruby Jewel will definitely get to go outside much more than Roscoe. Not because I love her more than him, but because he won't let me put his darn harness on anymore! Now if only our temps would stay cool enough to enjoy the outdoors. Soon it will be nearly dark before it cools down enough to go walking.

Pinkbirdy
05-24-2013, 11:31 AM
Im going to check out that camera !! I think mines 14 pixel now . So new to this Ha Ha :)

Honesty
05-24-2013, 03:56 PM
Terri, I do have a new camera. I just got it a couple of weeks ago, am still trying to figure out how to use it. I believe it has an 18 pixel. It is a Canon EOS Rebel T4i and it is awesome compared to my other camera even for a beginner using it! I have seen photos taken with the Canon EOS line & I've wanted one for awhile. I dropped my Kodak which was 14 pixels recently & broke the latch that holds the batteries in. Perfect reason to get another camera since I got tired of taping & holding the latch shut while trying to hold it steady. The Canon has much better closeup details & truer colors than my Kodak. Something I really like when taking photos of my flock.:th_biggrin:

Funny thing tho, while I was cleaning it up to send it to my friend Marlene in NY (it's a surprise to her, she was wanting a better Kodak camera than she has & I don't need it now) I realized I could have remedied the latch problem by attaching the tripod holder to the bottom. it covers the latch completely & tightens up to where the door doesn't come open when in use. If I had figured that out a month ago, I would not have gotten the Canon yet. Gee, sometimes it pays to be a bit dense!:th_LOL:

Blanca, thanks for the compliment about the dress. Here in Texas you have to find cool things to wear if you get two steps away from the air conditioning. Ruby Jewel will definitely get to go outside much more than Roscoe. Not because I love her more than him, but because he won't let me put his darn harness on anymore! Now if only our temps would stay cool enough to enjoy the outdoors. Soon it will be nearly dark before it cools down enough to go walking.

More beautiful pics De'Andrea :) We will never get bored with seeing them!

It must be lovely to have hot weather most of the time:)

My Daughter is thinking about moving to Texas next year, to a place called " Canyon Lake " Do you know it? I have seen pics and it looks beautiful.

Turquoise
05-27-2013, 09:49 AM
Thanks Wendy, I will definitely have more photos as I play with my new toy...'er, camera.:th_biggrin:

Not sure if the Canyon Lake I'm thinking about is the right one. I will lookl it up in my road atlas & see or on Google. The one I am thinking about is in the panhanle close to Amarillo. I may be thinking of something else instead. Palo Duro Canyon is in the area I am thinking. Now you have me intrigued to where she may move to. If she does move to Texas, maybe one day she & I could meet. And when you come over to visit her, maybe we could meet too some day. I would love that sometime in the future.

Turquoise
05-27-2013, 10:17 AM
Ok, just looked up Canyon Lake on Google. I was thinking about a totally opposite end on the state!

No wonder it is beautiful down there. It's in what is called The Texas Hill Country close to San Antonio. I have been all around down there & to San Antonio many times, but I have not been there. My favorite place(s) out that way is Lost Maples State Park and Natural Bridge Caverns. The San Antonio Zoo has lots of birds of all kinds. I took lots of photos of them when we were down there waiting for Roscoe & Angel to come up from the tip of Texas which was the halhway point for their breeder and us. Unfortunately those photos are on my computer that recently crashed on me & of course I didn't back up my photos.