PDA

View Full Version : Hi Hi Hiiiii!

Fawn
05-22-2013, 05:48 PM
i have 4 little boogers at home - an umbrella, goffin, CAG, and caique. so i'm excited to be able to bounce ideas and situations off of a community of like-minded people.

a little about me:

i've found it especially hard being a bird person when people around me are judgmental and, most of the time, rude about my birds. instead of being curious, they assume or make comments and i find it extremely annoying. i love my birds and i especially love showing them off to people who aren't familiar with them, but it's become pretty frustrating to talk about anymore.

maybe it's because i'm already a little unconventional and they just don't get me; i'm a late 20-something with no kids and i'm not married (long-term relationship though). i guess they have a hard time understanding it.. *shrug* most people can have babies and a wedding any day... not many get to spend their lives with some of the most amazing creatures this planet has to offer. just my take on it :p

looking forward to hangin' with you guys! :th_greet13:

Honesty
05-22-2013, 05:57 PM
Hello Fawn and :pp_welcome:I am so pleased you have joined us :th_dancing:

You are very welcome to talk about your Birds and show them off to us, as much as you like.

Look forward to hearing all about them and also look forward to seeing some pics:)

roxynoodle
05-22-2013, 06:01 PM
You are in good company here :)

Fawn
05-22-2013, 06:16 PM
thanks!! :3

ShellyBorg
05-22-2013, 06:23 PM
I am 40 and single with parrots. People are telling me that I am young enough to start a whole new family....no thanks i like mine!

plax
05-22-2013, 06:35 PM
Greetings Fawn! Thanks for joining our new community :).

I, too, become frustrated by judgmental people. Personally, I make effort to avoid such individuals when possible. You said it very well... I very much consider it an honor and a pleasure to spend my life with some of the most amazing creatures this planet has to offer :)

jtbirds
05-22-2013, 08:51 PM
Welcome to the forums and people are very judge mental they assume if you have parrots you are dirty and your house is and you are crazy and so on and such fourth. Don't let it get to you it's just how rude people can be... Wait until you get a plucker if you don't already have a plucker. With resue I have two and people are so harsh and easy to judge a plucked bird even though they are so happy when taken care of in loving homes like everyone's on here!

Fawn
05-23-2013, 02:47 AM
thank you all for the warm welcome!

@shellyborg, i hear ya! that's pretty much my attitude... i'm almost to the point where i might not have kids just because it'll bring on some serious upheaval in my bird's world lol it sounds nutty, sure. but i love them more than anything in the world.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

i was actually eyeing up a plucked ekkie i've seen at a local store who was dropped off for boarding and never picked up again.. i wish i could save em all, but my boyfriend would move me into the shed lol

ShellyBorg
05-23-2013, 02:50 AM
You know with insulation and some windows a shed makes a great bird room! Just add a hammock for your self. LOL

keepsmiling
05-23-2013, 07:44 AM
Hello Fawn and welcome to the forum! We are all a bunch of bird loving crazy guys and gals here. You came to the right place!:th_chickendance:

Blackhawk007
05-23-2013, 12:13 PM
Welcome to the forum Fawn, and I do mean you are WELCOME HERE!

As with others above, we experience those that choose to be judgmental. But I often make the point that they don't ask my advice on everything that they do, so why should I clear my life choices with them. Their ego can just move along as we don't have space in our lives for that.

Momto3boys
05-23-2013, 12:36 PM
You've definately landed in the right pad, welcome Fawn :th_hug8:

JerseyBella
05-23-2013, 12:59 PM
Nothing wrong with the shed! Welcome :)

Mare
05-23-2013, 03:22 PM
Hi Fawn! Welcome! I look forward to hearing about your birds and their adventures. :). I'm happy to see another umbrella and Goffin's 'too, in the house!

Fawn
05-23-2013, 06:27 PM
You know with insulation and some windows a shed makes a great bird room! Just add a hammock for your self. LOL

LMAO! ya know... now you got me thinking :th_biggrin:

Fawn
05-23-2013, 06:33 PM
Hi Fawn! Welcome! I look forward to hearing about your birds and their adventures. :). I'm happy to see another umbrella and Goffin's 'too, in the house!

:applause:yaaaayyy! i have the same combo too! girlie little goffin and my umbie is a happy year old boy. i'm sure we'll have plenty of stories to share having those crazy guys :)

i'll have pics soon as well.. just need to stop being so lazy about getting them off my phone D:

aliray
05-23-2013, 07:26 PM
Hi Fawn and welcome to the forum