PDA

View Full Version : So Sad :(

Pinkbirdy
05-22-2013, 02:15 AM
Sally Blanchards ,Spikey Lebec died . She thinks it was before his time [25 I think] of a heartattack :( I just love her ideas and ways with birds [so many experiences ] .Im sad for her . Her whole site looked modeled around him . Do you guys read her ?

jtbirds
05-22-2013, 02:19 AM
Wow that is really sad I have read much from her and enjoyed many of her write ups and she based a lot around that bird... A great loss for sure.

keepsmiling
05-22-2013, 09:14 AM
Aww..I get her newsletters, but have not opened the most recent one. RIP Spikey.

roxynoodle
05-22-2013, 11:54 AM
I'll be thinking of her.

Blancaej
05-22-2013, 01:15 PM
That is so sad. I've never read anything by her. I will have to check it out.

Turquoise
05-28-2013, 07:20 AM
A[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] fly high Spikey Lebec, watch over your flock.

I have a couple of her books & several reallly old Bird Talk magazines where she had a collume she wrote each month in. I like her down to 'earth' narratives of living with parrots in her writings.

headfeathermistress
05-28-2013, 03:15 PM
So sad. He was around for so long. Very hard to lose a loved one

noblemacaw
06-10-2013, 06:38 AM
Aww..poor Sally. I am sure she is devastated with Spikey's heart attack. I lost my almost 18 year old Noble macaw Mihijo to a heart attack in October and still am grieving for him. The sudden loss is so hard. Long ago when I was still a member of our local bird club Sally spoke at one of our meetings. She brought Spikey with her and her talk was very informative and funny. She is a very nice lady and I enjoyed her talk. I feel bad for Sally right now as I know what she is going through.

Pinkbirdy
06-10-2013, 11:54 AM
Aww..poor Sally. I am sure she is devastated with Spikey's heart attack. I lost my almost 18 year old Noble macaw Mihijo to a heart attack in October and still am grieving for him. The sudden loss is so hard. Long ago when I was still a member of our local bird club Sally spoke at one of our meetings. She brought Spikey with her and her talk was very informative and funny. She is a very nice lady and I enjoyed her talk. I feel bad for Sally right now as I know what she is going through. I love her !!! Neat you were able to see her. Do you know if she still does events .

Blancaej
06-10-2013, 02:15 PM
Rebecca - I'm so sorry to hear about your loss of Mihigo. That wasn't too long ago. I'm sure he will be forever in your heart.