PDA

View Full Version : Beebo, my cockatiel

crazyanimal
05-21-2013, 05:46 PM
Here is Beebo, my cockatiel. I adopted Beebo from a drug home. When I went to pick him up, he was sitting in a teeny tiny cage with one toy that was all rusted, on top of their fridge. When I walked into the home, you could smell the remains of marihuanna. His keel bone was protruding from his chest and his legs were weak from the lack of a proper diet and exercise. I don't know how many homes he had but I know he didn't have a very good life in the home I took him from. When I got him home, he fell in love with my son but my son was young and as he grew older, he lost interest in Beebo so Beebo is now permanently with me. I would not let my son take him because he didn't care too much while lived here to give him what he needed. Beebo is now close to his twenties. I've had him for about 11 years.

Debra
05-21-2013, 06:10 PM
Looks like my Bobby. I'm glad he finally found a loving home.

Momto3boys
05-21-2013, 07:25 PM
A[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] Beebo :th_heart:

He has the perfect home no and thats all that matters :th_hug8:

Pinkbirdy
05-22-2013, 12:40 AM
What a cute name !!! Beebo [can he say it ] :)

crazyanimal
05-22-2013, 01:14 AM
Thank you. Actually it was quite funny how his name came about. When I adopted Beebo, his original name was Buddy. I already had my quaker who came to me named Buddy (I don't normally change the bird's names if they know them) but we couldn't have two Buddy's in the house as it caused confusion. My kids were little at the time and Beebo came out and BOTH kids agreed on it. I knew then that both agreed and no arguments so that was his name. He adapted very well to it. No he doesn't say it. He does whistle a tune but I've never been able to figure it out and he does say "pretty bird", "I'm pretty" and I've heard him say "peek a boo" but that was only a few rare occassions.

Pinkbirdy
05-22-2013, 01:24 AM
Sounds like you have a great flock [Ive been seeing all your posts] :) I think its neat to have all different kinds [I have that bird fever thing LOL] . Do you have all your birds listed?

crazyanimal
05-22-2013, 02:16 AM
Thanks. Yes all my birds are listed. I have refused some birds for awhile now. I still have people contacting me to adopt but I just can't do anymore. I've turned down a quaker, sun conure, maroon bellied conure, blue crowned conure and lovebird. The conures were so hard to refuse...especially the blue crowned as I've never owned one and love them and the maroon belly because I used to own one and they are sweet birds. But I know I am at my limit right now.

Robin
05-22-2013, 03:53 AM
Cutie pie !