PDA

View Full Version : My lovebird is laying egg!

jimmythelovebird
06-16-2020, 11:54 PM
I had a couple questions, if someone could help me out. So my lovebird starting laying eggs, her first egg she laid Saturday 6/13/2020, then her second egg Sunday 6/14, absolutely none on Monday 6/15, and she laid her third today 6/16. I was wondering if there is a time frame in which she lays all her eggs? Also I've noticed her poops are much bigger but still same coloration and density. Just much bigger than usual, is there a reason why? Also, is there anything I could do for her to feel more comfortable or feel better? She spends most of her time in the nest while my other lovebird (the male) is out more. She doesn't eat as much and is only fed by my male lovebird. This is the first time experiencing this, so I need all the help I can get! Thank you so much and looking forward to your responses and answers! :)

Dragonlady2
06-17-2020, 01:21 PM
If the eggs hatch, can you hand feed the chicks if necessary? I suggest you find a breeder or vet and get support/advice from them. If you don’t have experience, you will need someone to be available by phone to assist if there are any issues.
As a forum, we really aren’t qualified to give you advice on this. Possibly you can contact the place you got the lovebirds from? I hope things go smoothly for you and the birds.

jimmythelovebird
06-17-2020, 06:59 PM
I don’t know if any breeders but I do have a vet. So I will definitely contact him. Thank you so much !