PDA

View Full Version : Fiery Shouldered Conure (pic)

crazyanimal
05-21-2013, 05:05 PM
Here is Caster, my fiery shouldered conure. Caster was adopted by me when he landed on a friend's shoulder while she was outside watering her flowers. His home could not be found so I adopted him. Caster and Kaylee, my crimson bellied are now bonded and best of buds.

Caster came to me very timid and scared and was terrified of hands. I can now hold him and kiss him though at times he still gets a bit nervous. He is a very tiny bird but like all conures, full of attitude. He absolutely loves to lift his wings and show me his red markings when I tell him how pretty he is. About 6 months ago, Caster got in a fight with one of my other flock and before I could break it up, he had some damage done to his beak. His bottom mandible was pushed sideways so now his beak doesn't line up properly and I have to keep it trimmed. He can eat all right but I took extra special care to make sure his food is small enough as he can't crush really large pieces. I also notice he tends to soak some food to make it easier for himself. He didn't do this before. I am very lucky he is still with me.

I do feel bad that he can't chew pine wood but I do give him Balsa and softer woods so he can play and chew like his heart desires.

roxynoodle
05-21-2013, 10:18 PM
I'm glad he has you as you take very good care of him.

crazyanimal
05-22-2013, 01:17 AM
Thank you. I am happy I have him to. He is a sweet boy and I consider myself lucky to have him in my life.

keepsmiling
05-22-2013, 09:16 AM
He is very beautiful. Thanks for caring for him.

spiritbird
05-30-2013, 01:45 PM
Conures are so loving and cute. I know you are happy.

Honesty
05-30-2013, 07:37 PM
He is beautiful:)