PDA

View Full Version : Red Throated Conure Pic

crazyanimal
05-21-2013, 03:14 PM
Here is Bubs, my red throated conure. I was contacted quite a few years back to adopt him because many know I am a conure lover. I couldn't refuse. LOL They told me that the husband worked at night and had to sleep during the day and Bubs was too noisy. I know he had a few homes prior to this one I adopted him from so I can't say what his past was but he is a very noisy bird. He can truly rival a nanday conure in a scream session. He is quite vocal too and screams quite often. The other thing I found out is that he HATES women. He will bite and attack me every chance he gets. He is also in love with my amazons and particularly my blue fronted so if I go near them...it encourages another attack session. I try not to clip him and have learned to avoid many of the attacks but sometimes during breeding season, a clip is necessary for my safety. He is not hand tame though just at the right time I can give him a head scritch. LOL

These birds are very rare in the wild and in captivity and I've considered getting a female to keep the species going but he is so bonded to my amazon that I am not sure how he would feel...plus the females are extremely hard to come by.

Honesty
05-21-2013, 03:36 PM
Bubs is stunning too.

Its a shame you cant handle him, but they all seem to know who they prefer. Codie is a big Man Hater :(

roxynoodle
05-21-2013, 03:42 PM
Someone on another forum I'm on has a female she rescued a few months ago. Because of the noise she has offered her to me, but I don't think I can handle her and Rowdy (Nanday) both going off all day for the same reasons. I also think they will feed off each other and it will be loud all the time, lol! The RT's have such a high pitch, too, that I suspect I might have a permanent migraine :) They are very cute though!

Debra
05-21-2013, 03:52 PM
He's beautiful!

Momto3boys
05-21-2013, 04:55 PM
:th_heart:

I dont know if Ive ever seen a pic of him, hes so pretty!

crazyanimal
05-21-2013, 04:58 PM
Thank you. He is beautiful and though I can't handle him, I am happy that he is happy. I am sure the move from home to home has not been good for him and God only knows what he's experienced due to his noise level. I agree, the nanday and red throated going off at the same time would be something. I used to own a nanday so I know first hand how loud they can be.