PDA

View Full Version : Odd leg

memlove54
02-12-2020, 06:30 PM
Hello everyone,
I recently got a male ring neck parrot (who is about 2 years)
When we got him, he was missing a claw (which was just a stump so I assumed it happened a while ago) and the rest of his claws looked healthy. But around 3 days ago, it had a pink tinge to it. I observed it and this evening i noticed it turned white and I was very alarmed. Where I live, the quality of veterinarians is not that good and I’m worried on what I should do. He is not so social and I don’t want to examine it as that will mean I’ll have to touch him and it will upset him.
I have a picture of it that I took about 10 minutes ago
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

My dad said it’s healing but I’m very paranoid. He seems to be sitting on it just fine, no signs of limping

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dragonlady2
02-12-2020, 09:15 PM
Welcome to the forum. An avian vet should really examine his claw. In the meantime, are you able to reach out to a breeder of birds who could help you with this. They typically will have some experience in issues about birds. Can you swab the toe with a mixture of cayenne pepper and water. Cayenne pepper is supposed to help with injuries. Hopefully his toe will heal quickly.

memlove54
02-13-2020, 07:42 AM
I will try although he doesn’t like contact but thank you !

Dragonlady2
02-13-2020, 10:04 AM
Try wrapping a towel around him and holding him while someone else works on his toe.

Lady
03-04-2020, 08:47 PM
Gee wonder how things went with this little guy?

memlove54
04-06-2020, 09:04 AM
He’s doing much better ! :)