PDA

View Full Version : Help me give this lovebird a home

LovebirdsNeedLove
09-24-2019, 03:06 AM
Hi,

I'm from the UK but currently living in South Korea. The supermarkets here also sell animals, though they receive pretty bad treatment (worse than chain pet stores, as you can imagine). I came across a lovebird in a store that doesn't usually have birds. It seems someone requested/custom ordered it in, but then changed their mind. This shop does not have a clue how to care for it. It's isolated in the back corner of the store, surrounded by boxes and crates, in a dirty cage with a price tag of nearly $300. It's been in these conditions for over a month. I visit it every week, hoping it will be purchased and gone, but that price tag is keeping him there.

I've loved birds for around 2 years. I debated between getting a lovebird and some other breeds, which is why I don't have one yet. I was really unsure until I met this guy. I feel like we've already bonded, he's so intelligent and delighted to see me every time. I feel like I've found 'the one' for me, and he deserves a better life than what he's in currently. But that cost is just too high. I've set money aside to buy him, but it falls short. My friend suggested a gofundme, so we put one together. Any help you could provide would mean the world to me. If you have any questions or advice, please let me know. Thank you.

Link: [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

PS: I'm collecting materials in my house to build a play zone for him. If I manage to rescue him, I'll build it and post it here.

PS2: My goal is to raise $250, because I will need everything a bird needs, (cage, food, perches, toys) as well as a vet check.
Once I hit $150, I will buy the bird (cage, food, etc.). The further $100 will go towards a vet check-up, and any treatments he may need.
If I don't raise $150, or the bird is sold, I will donate the total money received to the World Parrot Trust charity.

Dragonlady2
09-24-2019, 02:24 PM
I wish you the best in getting this lovebird. Generally, we don’t support “go fund me’s” on this forum. What about creating a contract with the pet store for the lovebird. Weekly or monthly payments might work.

LovebirdsNeedLove
01-06-2020, 01:16 AM
This has been resolved now, so please delete this thread.
I instead contributed what I could to a friend so they could buy and raise the bird. A happy ending!

Dragonlady2
01-06-2020, 02:11 PM
Great news!