PDA

View Full Version : Abnormal stuffs

IndianNOOBgamerX
06-15-2019, 02:50 AM
The last few days my bird Tweety had an abnormal sleeping time and feather were
dropping rappidly.[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Sent from my vivo 1802 using Tapatalk

Dragonlady2
06-15-2019, 01:14 PM
Welcome to the forum! This is the season that parrots are molting (losing some feathers and growing new ones). They tend to be itchy and don’t feel 100 %. If you are concerned, you should always follow up with an avian vet. Don’t wait too long because birds hide their illnesses.
Hope Tweety feels better.

rivx
06-17-2019, 01:44 AM
Gracie is always sleepy a day or so before her molt and a few days into it. She perks back up long before it's over, though, thankfully. I second what Helena said. :)

IndianNOOBgamerX
06-20-2019, 03:59 AM
My bird has started bleeding in that feather now . Pls help.

Sent from my vivo 1802 using Tapatalk

Dragonlady2
06-20-2019, 12:57 PM
Needs to go to the vet immediately. Birds can bleed to death this way. For now, stop the bleeding by putting flour or cornstarch on it.

rivx
06-20-2019, 08:31 PM
Honestly just sounds like a broken blood feather -- from all the research I've done, this can be treated at home? That's what I've heard from vets, too. Of course it won't hurt to see a vet but to my knowledge they'll just pull it or stop the bleeding. The bleeding is something to be worried about, though. They can bleed to death. A longer feather like that is at risk of being reopened so pulling it is the most likely route of treatment.