PDA

View Full Version : Lovebird Types.....

rachel1967
01-13-2019, 02:10 PM
Does anyone know what kind of lovebirds my two might be? I thought the lighter one (Stevie Nicks) was a peachface, but have seen photos online like my darker one (Bobo) labeled peachface. If I remember correctly, the girl I bought Bobo from said he was a peachface/fischer cross. The people I bought Stevie Nicks from described her as peachfaced. Can these two ever breed? Or should they? I've read that crosses are sterile, but just wanted other people's opinions/experiences.

Dragonlady2
01-13-2019, 03:01 PM
I have no clue about mutations etc. Your breeder might be the best person to give you specific information. I suppose if they were to breed you would find out soon enough if the eggs were fertile.

Casper's 2nd best friend
01-13-2019, 10:15 PM
They are very cute and wonderful colours. I wonder what their offspring would look like :)

Quakerella
01-17-2019, 07:24 PM
Hi Rachel, I have the same coloured parents. The dark green one is a standard green peachface. Fishers normally have red beaks, but from the white ring around the eye it is possibly a split fisher. The lighter one is also a peachface, but it is a mutation. Could possibly have been bred from a dutch blue. They can and will breed if they are bonded and given the proper atmosphere.
These pictures are of the offspring of my pair.

Sorry for the sizes, thought I had resized all of them.

Dragonlady2
01-17-2019, 07:38 PM
Awesome pics! Up close and personal:th_biggrin:

Casper's 2nd best friend
01-17-2019, 10:21 PM
I love the big pics, they are excellent, it does concern me that you may have used flash but the colours are wonderful. I am also guilty of using flash for pictures of Casper before I was aware that it can cause problems but he seems ok 6 years on.
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])
Fluffybeak ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]) by Jean-Pierre Declemy ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]), on Flickr

Quakerella
01-18-2019, 03:12 AM
Jean-Pierre I honestly don't remember, but you are more than likely correct. I did not know it can cause issues. I will try to take the pictures closer to the window during the day. I know for my cockatiels I don't use the flash because they are lutino.