PDA

View Full Version : A Farlie 'tail'

Farlie
11-05-2018, 01:22 AM
"SQUAAAAAWK!"
I see daddy is laying on the bed watching a Sherlock Holmes movie and not paying any attention to me. "SQUAAAAAWK!"
I think I can fix that. "SQUAAAAAWK!"
Hmm, let me see now. The bed is approximately 1 foot away from the wall and my cage is approximately 2 foot away from that bed so, if I climb to the top of my cage and try to fly again it would be almost impossible for me to miss that bed this time.
So, let's go... "SQUAAAAAWK!"
Whoopee, Oops! I missed that bed again, but I do get to interrupt daddy's movie for a free ride on his finger tho. "SQUAAAAAWK!"
First off, daddy gets kisses for picking me up off of that scary ol' floor. "SQUAAAAAWK!"

Second is that darn camera again. I turned it off last time. Wonder what I can do to it this time. "SQUAAAAAWK!"

Got it again! "SQUAAAAAWK!" "SQUAAAAAWK!"

Thanks for watchin'.
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Dragonlady2
11-05-2018, 03:21 AM
He sure is a cutie. Looks like he is feeling better?

Farlie
11-05-2018, 06:56 AM
No, Not really. Too soon to tell yet...
As you already know, they are excellent at hiding sicknesses. Don't want to get caught by a predator.

Casper's 2nd best friend
11-05-2018, 11:25 AM
Its great that he isn't just perched in a corner all fluffed up feeling miserable. Are his wings clipped or is he just a rubbish flyer like Casper? :)

Farlie
11-05-2018, 02:41 PM
Its great that he isn't just perched in a corner all fluffed up feeling miserable. Are his wings clipped or is he just a rubbish flyer like Casper? :)

He's lost all desire to play. He mostly sits on a perch and 'screams' bloody murder. Basically, he'll jump to the closest perch where I am. If I walk to one side of the room he'll climb, crawl or jumb to the closest perch. If I walk to the other side of the room, same thing.

He's a 'flopper'. Flutter, flap and flop, right to the floor. Pet shop REALLY trimmed his flight feathers.

Casper's 2nd best friend
11-05-2018, 05:37 PM
Sometimes playing them music calms their noise, you have to find out what they like though. YouTube is handy for that as it puts up random selections.

Farlie
11-05-2018, 11:41 PM
Sometimes playing them music calms their noise, you have to find out what they like though. YouTube is handy for that as it puts up random selections.

Actually I did do that today. I have over 350 'Oldies but Goodies' I thot I try. :th_smile: I think he is still too ill to care about anything. :(

Casper's 2nd best friend
11-06-2018, 10:40 AM
Casper likes ladies singing. Jazz, blues, folk or rock, he's into it all. Norah Jones is mellow and calming. His own musical abilities are limited to imitating middle c on the clarinet. :)

Casper's 2nd best friend
11-16-2018, 10:03 PM
Is little Fairlie feeling any better yet?