PDA

View Full Version : Please contribute to give this bird a home

Cedardave
03-17-2018, 10:00 PM
this is a go fund me to raise the funds to remove this cockatoo from a rescue to a forever home. This request is on behalf of this person. We are only trying to help make it happen.
I'm not super good with computers so here's the information.
The fundraiser is Let's give Cricket a home
Fundraiser by Elaine Wilson-MacDougall

Please visit the fundraising page at:

Let's Give Cricket A FOREVER home ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

Dragonlady2
03-17-2018, 11:12 PM
Is there any other information? Maybe we can track the go-fund-me page through a facebook page. How did you find out about Cricket?

Cedardave
03-17-2018, 11:24 PM
There is information on our Facebook page. Balanduk's Exotic Birds Winnipeg. The story is best told on the gofundme.com page however. The information we have is from another Canadian page in which the owner of the page knows this person. She happened upon this cockatoo who took to her right away. She has the skills and knowledge to care for such a bird, but the $1000 adoption fee was out of her reach. So it was suggested to try gofundme. I support her efforts and she. Currently sits $270 from the goal. She has been approved by the rescue...so it's just a matter of reaching the goal. Anyone who wants to go to our Facebook page is welcome. Be aware for those of you that aren't...we are breeders and offer behavioral and nutritional education as well we take in the occasional bird in need. We have a couple Macaws from the World Parrot Refuge by way of someone who adopted them and passed. I would appreciate any judgements on those who breed birds be kept off our page please. There are few quality breeders in Canada. We have a very solid high rating from the provincial vet and care deeply for our birds.
If I was more skilled at the computer I would have put a direct link here...sadly I'm not. Anyone who has the skills is more than welcome to add the live link if they wish.

plax
03-17-2018, 11:44 PM
If I was more skilled at the computer I would have put a direct link here...sadly I'm not. Anyone who has the skills is more than welcome to add the live link if they wish.I've added the Cricket gofundme link to your original post, Dave.

Cedardave
03-18-2018, 12:19 AM
Thank you... iPad +old guy= help

Casper's 2nd best friend
03-18-2018, 10:41 AM
Dave, do you know these people personally, what happens if not enough money is donated? How do we know when the target is reached?
I am also old and have been ripped off before but am more than willing to give if it is genuine.

Cedardave
03-20-2018, 12:28 AM
I know of these people from a friend and they are indeed legitimate. I'm not entirely sure how the go fund me works. She's very close to the goal... hopefully she will get there.

Casper's 2nd best friend
03-20-2018, 09:56 AM
When I checked the account it had reached 730.00 so I made that up to 750.00. From what I understand all this money is going to a rescue centre about whom I have no information. From where I am sitting there is a lack of clarity in this whole procedure. Does Cricket have a web page or blog (if there is just a Facebook page I will get my son to check it out) so we can follow his adventure?
I am not happy about the way this is being done but I do know that Dave is a good person so have gone with his call. :)

Casper's 2nd best friend
03-20-2018, 10:06 AM
It would be brilliant if Cricket was on PP with his own thread

Casper's 2nd best friend
03-20-2018, 07:46 PM
I've just been reading the gofund me page.
Just run this by me again... the rescue home that the poor birdy is at gave the little fellow to a couple who kept him for a whole twelve hours and then returned him because he was a) noisy and b) bit the husband. What were they thinking? Were they just after the money? Did they do due diligence before letting him out of their sight? Did they give the couple a refund when they took him back? I hope not and I hope they give the lady who is trying to raise the money a suitable discount.
But don't let this put anyone else off donating because this bird needs to be in a loving home and anything over the bag* will help with his support bills.

*bag definition: cockney rhyming slang, bag is short for "bag of sand" which rhymes with "a grand" which is US slang for one thousand dollars from the American underworld of 1915. Isn't language diverse and wonderful?

Cedardave
03-25-2018, 03:55 AM
Sorry I'm so slow in replying..things are super busy here. The go fund me page sits at $750.. thank you for contributing. The back storey is confusing other than the bird has been surrendered to the World Parrot Refuge and then thru a series of events ended up at the rescue in Edmonton Alberta. Cricket is now at home in the care of the person the go fund me page was set up for ,despite it not yet reaching the goal. The rescue saw the effort and support from hundreds of people who know , or know of this woman. Since she passed their home inspection with flying colors, the decided they would release the bird into her care permenantly until the page met its goal.If the time lapses and the donations don't move, our business has decided to cover the differance so there is no disruption in the birds life again. Again thanks to those who have donated. Cricket has a wonderful loving home now and is equally in love with her new home.She was picked up on Thursday.

Casper's 2nd best friend
03-25-2018, 10:27 AM
So glad that Cricket is in a good home. I will donate some more next month if the fund is still open.

Casper's 2nd best friend
04-01-2018, 05:04 PM
I've put some more money in the fund. How is Cricket settling in?