PDA

View Full Version : Rehoming Keiko

Heather
05-19-2013, 06:59 PM
it is with a heavy heart that we have decided to find our BG macaw Keiko a new home
I will first contact her former family to see if they would want her back and if they don't I will be seeking a new and hopefully permenant home for her
She will be 3 in september
is in almost perfect feather going through a big molt right now
she is a very nervous bird and it takes her a while to warm up but once she does she is mostly well behaved
she will bite it does hurt
I would not recommend having her around small children
she will come with a large cage and some toys
she is on a zupreem natural diet with nuts and fruits and some veggies
she is a good bird but just too much for me and the family to handle
if you have any questions feel free to ask

roxynoodle
05-19-2013, 10:00 PM
I hope the right home comes along for her soon.

keepsmiling
05-19-2013, 10:03 PM
I hope you find her a wonderful new home.:th_hug8:

Heather
05-20-2013, 10:53 PM
Mikeytn from PF is coming today to meet her...fingers crossed

jtbirds
05-21-2013, 12:21 AM
I hope it works out:), really sorry she has to go

Heather
05-21-2013, 12:57 AM
they got along wonderfully...he is going to take her sometime this week

roxynoodle
05-21-2013, 01:14 AM
That's great, Heather. Mikey will be able to do a wonderful job with her.

Honesty
05-21-2013, 07:21 AM
I hope you find a wonderful home for him Heather and MikeyTN will be a fantastic guardian for him:)

jtbirds
05-21-2013, 10:41 PM
I am really glad mikey is taking him it sounds like it is all working out great:), plus you'll still be able to keep in touch with him correct?

Heather
05-23-2013, 01:09 AM
i was so concerned about finding her a good home that I didn't even think about keeping in touch...i'm sure that won't be an issue though
i'm just glad she is going to a good home...

jtbirds
05-23-2013, 01:26 AM
Knowing mikey I know it won't be an issue he is such a great person and would defiantly keep in touch if you asked him to!:)

Mare
05-24-2013, 10:21 PM
I remember MikeyTN from PF, he's always sounded like a wonderful caregiver of birds. I'm happy to hear you found Keiko a good home.:)

REK2458
11-26-2013, 04:30 AM
I am in NY I have 25 yrs experience with large parrots. I am seeking another Macaw MY Gwene passed away. I have a cockatoo who is my princess and is totally spoiled.
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]
Best wishes, Roann

ShellyBorg
11-26-2013, 06:08 AM
Keiko Has found a new home already :D

Feathers First Aviary
11-26-2013, 09:10 AM
I am in NY I have 25 yrs experience with large parrots. I am seeking another Macaw MY Gwene passed away. I have a cockatoo who is my princess and is totally spoiled.
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]
Best wishes, Roann

I have a friend here in pa that has a baby blue and gold for sale. She is a DNA tested female, hatched june 10, she will be ready to go to her new home beginning of december. If you would be interested feel free to pm me and I can put you in touch with her :)

Minamommy
11-28-2013, 07:04 AM
Rek2458 it concerns me that all your posts on this board seem to be trying to get birds from people. If you do indeed have 25 years experience with so many species and are not out just to get ahold of birds to breed, foster/adoption may be a great alternative for you.

Turquoise
11-29-2013, 07:55 AM
Rek2458 it concerns me that all your posts on this board seem to be trying to get birds from people. If you do indeed have 25 years experience with so many species and are not out just to get ahold of birds to breed, foster/adoption may be a great alternative for you.

I was thinking the same thing Minamommy upon reading all three posts Rek2458 has written here and then nothing else from them. If you truly want to find another parrot to love Roann, I suggest you at least introduce yourself in the Welcome Forum and tell us all about you other than the same thing about your Green Wing and your Blue & Gold macaws have passed away and you are seeking another one. We are a very friendly forum with awesome members. Get involved and show us just how much you do love and care for parrots. :)