PDA

View Full Version : Had to euthanize Max today

MacawMomma
01-16-2018, 12:55 AM
I can’t post the specifics just yet, it’s too raw and devastating right now.

We had to say goodbye to Max today and our hearts are broken [emoji174]

Thank you all for the prayers and good thoughts, they’ve been a comfort [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our rescue birds~

23 yr old Katie - Catalina Macaw
39 yr old Max- GW Macaw
1 yr old Nibbles- GC Conure
ADOPT DON’T SHOP [emoji172]

Dragonlady2
01-16-2018, 01:40 AM
I am so sorry to hear about this. I know how much you loved him and so did he.

PlaxMacaws
01-16-2018, 02:37 PM
Celia: I am so very sorry for the loss of your beloved Max. Some things that occur in life are horribly painful and unfair. Max's situation so harshly demonstrates that reality. He was sweet and innocent and hadn't nearly finished his life. Why did such a devastating illness have to befall him? There's no good answer. Life feels repugnant to me at times.

Fly free, sweet Max!

PS: I've not been around the forum as much as I should be. I apologize for that. My mother has been in the hospital since December 26. She is in her final days and I've been spending a great deal of time by her side. I have however been following the devastating developments concerning Max. Again, I'm so sorry for your tremendous loss :heart_broken:

Casper's 2nd best friend
01-16-2018, 03:58 PM
Oh dear, so sorry to read this you must be devastated. Remember the good times you had with him and keep them in a special place in your heart.

luckyandjenn
01-16-2018, 08:08 PM
O man this made me cry im so sry guys rip max

Quakerella
01-18-2018, 01:30 AM
So very sorry to hear about Max. Seems so unfair. We are thinking of you.

Lady
01-19-2018, 01:40 AM
Dealing with the loss of a loved one is so very difficult, I too am very sorry to hear about Max.

PandJY
01-20-2018, 01:06 AM
I am new to the forum but I had read your post when you were taking Max to the vet. I am so sorry for your loss. I know it is devastating.

MacawMomma
01-20-2018, 06:51 AM
Thank you all SO much for your sweet words!

Even though it hurts so much and we miss him tons, our memories of him are what we hold onto. He was such a sweet Gentle Giant ❤️

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Our rescue birds~

23 yr old Katie - Catalina Macaw
39 yr old Max- GW Macaw
1 yr old Nibbles- GC Conure
ADOPT DON’T SHOP [emoji172]

Quakerella
01-20-2018, 05:39 PM
A beautiful video to remember him by. It honestly made me cry. I am so very sorry for your loss.

PlaxMacaws
01-20-2018, 06:54 PM
Yes, a beautiful tribute to Max! It made me cry as well. In fact, my knowledge of his passing is hugely painful for me. I can't imagine how devastated you and your husband must feel. Please try to rest well knowing that you gave Max a wonderfully loving home for as long as possible. There can be no doubt that he knew he was well loved [emoji813]

luckyandjenn
01-21-2018, 03:01 AM
Made me cry too

kendrafitz
01-23-2018, 12:44 AM
I’m so sorry for your loss.

Mare
01-24-2018, 03:02 AM
I’m so sorry... I know it’s hard. Remember the good times. Rest In Peace dear bird, Max..rest in peace.

Cedardave
03-17-2018, 07:23 PM
I haven't been around a lot, so this comes so late I apologize. Our deepest sympathies on your loss