PDA

View Full Version : An emotional Christmas story

MacawMomma
12-24-2017, 04:30 AM
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Caution: Overly emotional video! Meet Oscar, a 16 yr-old lilac crowned Amazon. Emma and Oscar immediately formed a bond that was so strong. For months we would take Emma down to visit him. The only thing on her Christmas list? Yep- Oscar! [emoji172] So my in laws ended up adopting him this week and we took her down to surprise her. As you can see, she saw the sign that showed he was adopted and her heart broke [emoji174][emoji24] She was devastated, the tears quickly turned to happy tears when she heard the good news - he is hers!!!!❤️❤️❤️ Oscar will be so loved!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our rescue birds~

23 yr old Katie - Catalina Macaw
39 yr old Max- GW Macaw
1 yr old Nibbles- GC Conure
ADOPT DON’T SHOP [emoji172]

Casper's 2nd best friend
12-24-2017, 10:18 AM
I'm looking forward to watching this later when we can relax and enjoy.
Merry Christmas :)

Dragonlady2
12-24-2017, 11:04 AM
Brought a tear to my eye...what a lucky and happy girl!

Lady
12-24-2017, 08:26 PM
Aww what a wonderful thing to do~ So very emotional, such sadness turning into tears of joy! Many wonderful days ahead for Oscar and Emma. Hope to hear more about their adventures!

plax
12-25-2017, 12:26 AM
What an awesome surprise for Emma :D. I'm so glad to know that she and Oscar will have each other from now on. Very touching. Thanks so much for sharing :)

MacawMomma
12-27-2017, 11:48 PM
It’s been such an emotional few days for all of us, Emma hadn’t been able to contain her excitement! We picked him up today and the joy was enormous!! He’s home and talking nonstop [emoji172][emoji172][emoji172]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our rescue birds~

23 yr old Katie - Catalina Macaw
39 yr old Max- GW Macaw
1 yr old Nibbles- GC Conure
ADOPT DON’T SHOP [emoji172]