PDA

View Full Version : Lost Duskey-headed Conure (Weddell's Conure) in Southern California

plax
11-18-2017, 10:48 PM
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Casper's 2nd best friend
11-19-2017, 12:21 AM
Oh noooo
Hope he is found safe soon

plax
11-19-2017, 01:21 AM
Thankfully, she just got him back :)

luckyandjenn
11-19-2017, 01:51 AM
Smugg little a hole almost gave me a heart attack today. thanks to me reading some of the storys posted here in pp I took action right away. I have to give a big thanks to tony for getting back to me so quick. by far the scariest thing to happen today and it could have been avoided. it was by my own human error I almost lost my boy

plax
11-19-2017, 01:56 AM
I'm so relieved that you got him back, Jenn :D

luckyandjenn
11-19-2017, 04:06 AM
I'm so relieved that you got him back, Jenn :D me to me to i was a werck all week then today was going good then chewie left and its ending ok too if he didnt come home i would have gone crazy untill i found him or not im so happy that i knew what to do and then posted here when i was out of options this gropu taught me the skills to find a lost bird hope to never have to use them formyself again lol

Casper's 2nd best friend
11-19-2017, 11:11 AM
Phew that was close.
There was not a lot I could do from here except worry. :)
Do we get the full story about how he got out and how you got him back so we can all learn from it?

luckyandjenn
11-19-2017, 09:33 PM
What happened was a friend was here helping me build a roosting box for my hens i thought i closed the sliding glass door and must not have my own stupid human error. Me and my friend had eyes on hime for a few trees evert time i got to the tree he just landed in i lost track of him hewas not responding to my calls i stayed out forever calling him right when i was about to go inside i heard him so i keep calling and telling him i need to keep making noise so i coul find him he went in a tree o climbed up it a bit and sat with my arm reached out and. Keep telling him he had to climb down the to gwt to me he did i got ahold of him held his feets got down the tree i was only like 3 feet up then i was abel to slide down the tree woth one arm as soon as i hit the ground i put my hand around him gave him a xouple kisses told him never do that again you almost gave me a heartack he just chirped like he was so proud of him self wisked him inside and closed the door it was scary i was not sure if he could find his way home so i called for horus i wanted him to hear him calling me i was not sure how far he had gone i learned alot of those things from reading the stories on this forum then losting here and tony getting back to me so quick and also posting on parrot 911 i also had a friend help me drag chewies cage out as i was not 100 i was going to gwt him i thought if he saw his cage maybe he would want to go to it come to ot not sure if that had anything to do with it i could not bring myself to go inside lol i was ready to stay the night out there lol i also had a neighbor who head me out there came out with binoculars he stoody out there for at least an hour and a half scaning for chewie i gave him a deitaled discreption of him so that was nice in fact i hope to see him out today to tell him i got chewie is there another place i should post that stoey so others can read and poss learn from it i sure hope it never happens again

Casper's 2nd best friend
11-19-2017, 10:32 PM
Thanks for posting the story, I love a happy ending. He was hanging it out for as long as he could, enjoying his bit of freedom, but wanted to be with you really.
They don't get lost. I takes a lot of faith to believe that if you leave them alone they will come home when they are hungry but I'm sure it would happen providing they avoided predators. Casper seems to know exactly where he is even when we take him out in the car. If we are going somewhere he has been before and likes, or when we are coming home he gets excited when we are close.
I think those that don't come home know exactly what they are doing and prefer, for whatever reason, not to be with the people who love them. Just my opinion. :)

luckyandjenn
11-20-2017, 01:37 AM
Thanks for posting the story, I love a happy ending. He was hanging it out for as long as he could, enjoying his bit of freedom, but wanted to be with you really.
They don't get lost. I takes a lot of faith to believe that if you leave them alone they will come home when they are hungry but I'm sure it would happen providing they avoided predators. Casper seems to know exactly where he is even when we take him out in the car. If we are going somewhere he has been before and likes, or when we are coming home he gets excited when we are close.
I think those that don't come home know exactly what they are doing and prefer, for whatever reason, not to be with the people who love them. Just my opinion. :)
It sure seem like he had fun and he was happy to be home but he needs to learn re call flying before he goes out for his first lessons im happy he came back i will keep an eye on that door and look up re call training im happy he can fly but i want him to saty home lol

Quakerella
11-21-2017, 12:56 AM
Happy you are together again. Thank you for posting, definitely a learning experience for all.

luckyandjenn
11-21-2017, 02:44 PM
Happy you are together again. Thank you for posting, definitely a learning experience for all.

Yes im so relived i was able to find him hes so young just a little over a year old and hes so small and blended into evetything around us i hope no one ever makes the same axcident i did and leave their sliding glass doors open thats an experienc i hope to never fo tru again im just happy i semi knew what to do i think me staying out their and screaming for him every few mins may have been one of the biggest reasons i came back i even took lucky out at one time trying to make him called but he didnt under stand lol i was gettimg upset at him reminded myself he doesnt know chewie was gone so i put him back inside went back out. It was a long day my hard work paidd off

Casper's 2nd best friend
11-22-2017, 10:13 AM
It is amazing how their colours help them disappear into the background. Casper blends very well with his Magnolia tree :)
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])
Hangin' ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]) by Jean-Pierre Declemy ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]), on Flickr

luckyandjenn
11-23-2017, 02:40 PM
It is amazing how their colours help them disappear into the background. Casper blends very well with his Magnolia tree :)
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])
Hangin' ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]) by Jean-Pierre Declemy ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]), on Flickr
O wow he sure does and yup part of their defense in the wild to blend in with thing and ues i t was hard spotting chewie too because of how small he is