PDA

View Full Version : The Sassy Goffin's girl!

Mare
05-19-2013, 02:24 PM
I don't think I've formally introduced Sassy, I'm pretty sure you've seen Amigo by now. This is Sassy, a re-homed, 8yr. old female Goffin's and such a character! She's a bit of a plucker and I believe the term is, she barbers some of herself but usually will allow it grow back during the summer. Do we have anymore Goffin's out there?

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Honesty
05-19-2013, 02:25 PM
I think this the first time I have seen a pic of Sassy , She is adorable :)

Debra
05-19-2013, 02:26 PM
How precious! I love goffins!

roxynoodle
05-19-2013, 02:40 PM
She is precious!

Maybe the barbering is hormonally related? That would explain it's being seasonal (although so would dry winter air from the wood burning stove I guess).

Pinkbirdy
05-19-2013, 03:12 PM
No Mare [But your making me want one ] :) LOL

keepsmiling
05-19-2013, 03:59 PM
Love her!:th_heart:

JerseyBella
05-19-2013, 09:43 PM
Eddie says she's a hottie, and Snow agrees!

Maddy
05-20-2013, 05:24 PM
She's adorable! :th_heart:

Momto3boys
05-20-2013, 05:53 PM
I also dont think Ive ever seen a pic of Sassy, she is gorgeous :th_heart:

Mare
05-20-2013, 07:58 PM
Hi Brandy! Happy to see you here! Welcome!
Dawn, your Eddie would LOVE Sassy girl! Snow looks wonderful, too! So far, I count 3 Goffin's?

Audrey, I think you might be right, about her picking at herself, being hormonal. I only say this because she seems to want to make nests, out of everything, at this same time.

Pinkbirdy
05-22-2013, 11:22 AM
Hi Mare , Sassy is beautiful :) , Can I ask why she was rehomed and your life with her in the beginning. Is her eyes really dark or lighter:)

spiritbird
05-22-2013, 12:47 PM
Sassy your are a dollie.

Mare
05-23-2013, 04:03 PM
Yes Terri, Sassy's eyes are pretty dark but I can still see the pupil, unlike Amigos where his are black. I've seen female U2s and their eye color is kind of a reddish brown, lighter than Amigo's. Although, from what I've heard, this isn't always the case. Sassy's do not look the color of the female U2s, I have seen.
Sassy was supposedly re-homed because this couple were wanting to travel. When they had to be gone, their daughter and her boyfriend stayed with Sassy. I know the woman loved her, she cried when I took her but I don't think the Sassy had a very stimulating life there. She was kept in a back room, with no other birds, most of the time. The woman called me a week after I had Sassy home, to see how she was doing, and asked if I've heard her say any bad words, which I hadn't, her daughters boyfriend wasn't very nice to Sassy and cussed at her a lot! Oh! One more thing! When I walked into their home, she had Sassy burritoed in a baby blanket, holding her. I should have known, that was a sign!
Sassy flew right to my shoulder and let me pet her, she then flew to the top of her cage. To get Sassy back in her cage, she had a stick that she would bang on top of the cage to scare her back in, poor baby!

When she first got home here, I kept her in a cage in the living room, trying to quarantine her from Amigo. I kept her cage door open through most of the day so she could come in and out when she wanted. I did this until she started to roam more and find things to chew that she shouldn't be chewing on! Now I have her out only when myself or my husband are able to spend time with her in the same room which is at least 4 or more hours a day. She is a feisty thing! She adores my husband but he has also gotten a few LOVE bites from her, when her mood hits. She is very quick but such a cute outgoing personality, most of the time. I think she settled in nicely here. I'm sure there must be many species of birds out there that are easier and less complicated. I'm just happy to have given her a safe place to land. :)

Momto3boys
05-23-2013, 04:32 PM
She sounds like sje is full of life and character :th_heart: And Im so glad shes with you now.

aliray
05-23-2013, 07:30 PM
Hi Mare I think that is also the first picture I have seen on Sassy. She is awfully cute. How are the two birds getting along?

Mare
05-23-2013, 09:14 PM
Hi Ali! I know I have posted pics of Sassy, I guess, just more of Amigo because he is so different. They do fine in the same room, in separate cages. Amigo had a tough time getting use to sharing his room, at first. He would raise such a ruckus! Now, they actually seem to be good company for each other. :). When I have Sassy in our outdoor cage, Amigo will fly in and try and terrorize her for awhile then he settles down and they will perch within a few inches of each other, cage wire separating them, and nap! I've even seen Sassy feed him through the wire! She is super smart and has a good handle on Amigo's ways.