PDA

View Full Version : Forum loading problem

Casper's 2nd best friend
10-29-2017, 04:42 PM
Hi Tony
in case you are not aware, there is a problem when I log in - the forum goes to a blank page with this heading [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]
When I click the link in my bookmarks a second time it loads OK though.

plax
10-29-2017, 06:58 PM
Hi Tony
in case you are not aware, there is a problem when I log in - the forum goes to a blank page with this heading [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]
When I click the link in my bookmarks a second time it loads OK though.Hi Jean-Pierre. At the moment, I'm unsure why your PP bookmark link is intermittently landing you on the profile.php page instead of the main forum page. However, bookmarks occasionally become corrupted with incorrect URLs. So a good first step will be to check the target URL on your bookmark. I'm unsure which browser you're using, but you should be able to easily check the target URL by viewing the bookmark's properties. If the target URL is not correct, simply edit it to reflect the following target address: [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ... it should not show a target address of: [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] To check a bookmark's properties in Google Chrome, right-click on the shortcut and select the 'Edit' menu option. When the edit window appears, and if the target URL is not correct, replace it with the correct URL accordingly. In Firefox, right-click on the shortcut and select the 'Properties' option. Then, if need be, similarly replace the target URL with the corrected one. That may fix the behavior for you.

Let me know if you continue to experience the issue.

Casper's 2nd best friend
10-29-2017, 07:20 PM
Hi Tony
I think I have sorted it by deleting the old bookmark and making a new one. Sorry to disturb your Sunday rest :)

plax
10-29-2017, 07:43 PM
Hi Tony
I think I have sorted it by deleting the old bookmark and making a new one. Sorry to disturb your Sunday rest :)Ah, great to hear :). But now we'll never know what the corrupt target URL looked like ;)

PS:
You didn't disturb me. No worries :D

Casper's 2nd best friend
10-31-2017, 09:31 AM
New bookmark aimed at Posts since Last Visit does not work.
the bookmark is [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]
and the vBulletin message is Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.
I am using Chrome which does have a nasty habit of updating without telling.