PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes she's just too cute! (long video)

bill-e
07-28-2017, 06:37 PM
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

PlaxMacaws
07-28-2017, 09:23 PM
Looks like a lazy day for Nike... sittin' on her swing and preening away. I love seeing birds who are so clearly contented. Thanks for sharing, Bill :D

Casper's 2nd best friend
07-28-2017, 11:19 PM
Too busy to stop and talk to us :)

Dragonlady2
07-29-2017, 01:59 AM
Nike looks very comfortable. She uses her little claw like a hand. Thanks for sharing.

Lady
07-29-2017, 02:06 AM
Aww so that's where you guys have been hanging out!! Good to see you again.

I don't think Lady will ever be able to pull her tail feathers right up under her like Nike has, how cute. She balances well on her rope perch to get the job done.

bill-e
07-30-2017, 02:49 AM
Hi folks, sorry for the wordless post. I'm kinda in a message board funk and not really posting anywhere, I thought this vid may get me out of it.

We've been on 3 camping trips this summer so far with Nike and she is doing fine. I on the other hand oscillate between busy and bored ;)

I've taken the spring through fall off again and haven't decided if I'm going back to work yet (though the people I support seem to think I should come back now).

Nothing really exciting going on besides catch up doctor visits and playing in my shooting hobby, Cowboy Action Shooting....that keeps me pretty busy.

bill-e
07-30-2017, 07:20 PM
I don't think Lady will ever be able to pull her tail feathers right up under her like Nike has, how cute. She balances well on her rope perch to get the job done.Nike actually sleeps like that. She has a round perch in her cage that she sleeps on and climbs on facing the back of the cage, then turns her body leaving her tail in front. I think it gives her added support when she's sleeping.

Casper's 2nd best friend
07-31-2017, 12:10 AM
It sounds like what Casper does as well, nuzzles his beak down under the feathers in the middle of his back, between his wings. I was surprised when we first got him as I always believed that birds tucked their head under the wing to sleep.
On rereading your description maybe not, he doesn't twist his body around as well.