PDA

View Full Version : advice for adding remote still image content to posts and embedding YouTube videos

plax
05-09-2017, 06:29 PM
Since we converted to [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] protocol in December, it has been advisable for members posting remotely-stored still photos (e.g., those hosted on sites like photobucket or flickr) to use the secure version of their resource URLs. That is, you should use [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] rather than http whenever [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] is available. Always includes the "s" in a resource links on your initial attempt. If the link then fails to bring up the resource it is pointing to, you can simply edit back to [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] The reason that including the "s" is recommended is because the http addresses may not render your images for everyone due to protocol restrictions on certain browsers that are relevant to mixed [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] page content. When you are able to use [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] addresses, all will usually be well.

*Important Note* Please practice the reverse for your YouTube video short URLs when you wish them to embed within your post bodies. The reason for this is that whenever
tags for a short-form YouTube link are used and the "s" is present, the video player cannot embed. To work around this issue, simply drop the "s" from [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] and the player should then appear.

Casper's 2nd best friend
05-09-2017, 07:18 PM
Random test pic from my onedrive file which has an s because I have previously downloaded pics from onedrive to my laptop and then uploaded to PP from there.
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]!AiShclt2ghrmgTYFLLHJ_h_AQUiu

Oh, its just a link so I will have to keep on as before so that the pics show in the thread. Flickr works much better but I don't upload all my pics there, just those that I have adjusted/cropped and want to be in my gallery there.

plax
05-09-2017, 09:20 PM
Random test pic from my onedrive file which has an s because I have previously downloaded pics from onedrive to my laptop and then uploaded to PP from there.
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]!AiShclt2ghrmgTYFLLHJ_h_AQUiu

Oh, its just a link so I will have to keep on as before so that the pics show in the thread. Flickr works much better but I don't upload all my pics there, just those that I have adjusted/cropped and want to be in my gallery there.You have to either wrap the URL in tags (not tags) in order to get it to display your image from its source. But if you have security enabled on that source, and you have not granted permissions for general public access, the image likely won't display for people.