PDA

View Full Version : Keep getting kicked off

CrazyBirdLady
05-18-2013, 10:12 AM
I primarily use my phone for everything and I keep getting kicked off randomly, which is why I haven't been around in a bit. I decided to try again and it is still happening. My phone shuts off. I would say it is an issue with my phone but it doesn't happen on any other site. It does not happen when I am on a computer, though. I just wanted to let you know I am having this issue, not sure if it can be resolved. :)

keepsmiling
05-18-2013, 11:09 AM
Hopefully Tony has an idea why this is happening.:th_hug8:

Honesty
05-18-2013, 11:51 AM
Thanks for letting us know. We will look into it.

JerseyBella
05-18-2013, 11:57 AM
Try using tapatalk

CrazyBirdLady
05-18-2013, 12:04 PM
Try using tapatalk

If it isn't something that can be fixed I may do that. I am not a big fan of tapatalk, but I will use it if I need to. Thanks!

roxynoodle
05-18-2013, 12:26 PM
I'm not much good with smart phones (mine hates me!). But, I have noticed a lot are using tapatalk so maybe that will help. Since I'm usually at home I use my PC (big screen, big keyboard :) , not running down the battery).

plax
05-18-2013, 08:13 PM
Hi Jamie - I understand that you're not using Tapatalk. But are you using the mobile site interface, or the full site interface? When you view our banner on your phone's screen, do you see all of the birds sitting on the same branch? Or do you see lots of birds angled in various directions (in front of and behind one another etc)?

I'd also like to know which browser you're using as well as what you're noticing in the browser page body area once you've lost a connection. Is there an 'unable to connect' error message? And if so, what is its exact wording?

I'm a bit unclear on the part where you mention that your phone "shuts off" ...are you saying that your phone spontaneously powers off only when you visit our forum site? If so, I can assure there's nothing within our website's mechanism that could possibly cause your phone to power off. If that's what's happening it almost has to be a coincidence that it's when you're using our site. The only thing I can think of that may cause such behavior would be that your phone's Internet provider has a bad routing path to the network that hosts our website, so your phone has to use extra system resources (such as CPU cycles) to load our site's pages. If that's the case and your phone has an overheating or diminished battery issue, it could spontaneously power off when taxed heavily enough in that way. But that's merely a possibility.

CrazyBirdLady
05-19-2013, 02:39 AM
I think it is full site. I see birds lined on a branch.

It is an iPhone, which uses safari.

It doesn't shut the phone off, the screen goes blank for a moment, then returns to the main phone screen.

Let me know if you have any more questions. Thanks!

plax
05-19-2013, 03:38 AM
So when you bring up the browser again is a preciselyparrots.com page displayed on it? And if not, what is displayed on it? Also, is this happening after a period of browser inactivity, or does it tend to occur after you've performed a certain function? Lastly, do you know anyone else with an iPhone who can try loading our site to observe for similar behavior? My phone is an Android :(.

ShellyBorg
05-19-2013, 04:09 AM
I have a droid and the only issue is it distorts the banner pic. Other then that no issue.

plax
05-19-2013, 05:08 AM
I have a droid and the only issue is it distorts the banner pic. Other then that no issue.Yes, the default Android browser distorts the banner on mine as well. It doesn't appear to respond to the auto re-size calls correctly for some reason. But if I load the site with my Firefox browser, which I downloaded from Google Play, the banner always displays proportionally correct (and does so in both vertical and horizontal modes).

CrazyBirdLady
05-19-2013, 09:00 AM
When I re-open the browser it takes me back to where I was on pp.com.

It tends to occur when I am posting/attempting to post. It just happened the first time I was typing this response. :)

I have friends with iPhones, but they would have to join to try posting to see if it happened to them, would you want me to do that?

Thanks again!

plax
05-19-2013, 02:59 PM
Hi Jamie- I did some research and it appears that your issue is rather common among droid users. Please have a look at this thread:

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

The most recommended solution is to install and use a different browser, such as Firefox, Dolphin, or Chrome (although the Chrome mobile version may not support Flash). Hard resets don't appear to be the answer but upgrading that Adroid version may stand a chance to fix the behavior. In post #20 of the above thread the OP says that replacing her SIM card appeared to eliminate the issue on her phone. So the two potentially effective solutions seem to be to either 1) upgrade the Android operating system version, or 2) replace the SIM card. But the other option, that you may wish to try first, is to install and use an alternate browser. Some of the folks claim that using an alternate browser has either eliminated the issue or at least reduced its frequency of occurrence.

Here are a couple of other places the issue has been reported:

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] o_the_community_droid_on_verizon

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

If I were you I might start by comparing my Android operating system version with that of the folks who are reporting the same behavior. That may provide you with a basis to try an OS upgrade.

I hope my suggestions and/or the information I've included here may be helpful in some way.

CrazyBirdLady
05-19-2013, 05:54 PM
Okay, thanks.

plax
05-19-2013, 05:56 PM
You're welcome.