PDA

View Full Version : Meet Kai the Green Cheek Conure!!

ThatsFowlPlay
05-06-2017, 09:50 PM
Hello everyone!! Kai has finally arrived home and is settling down beautifully!! She is currently eating after I read her 4 chapters of an 'I Survived' book. Short chapters but I wanted to get her used to my voice. She seems to like nutriberries very much so that's good. But she is dropping almonds and such left and right. heh...
Otherwise she is just the most sweetest bird. Already knows how to perch on fingers but still working on the step up thing. She is somewhat struggling with her perches in the cage though.
She is in her temporary cage until her new one arrives, which is absolutely huge. Can't wait to fill it up!! She likes her toys a lot but she seems to be a chewer. :th_biggrin: Here are some pictures.
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f47/jasmine_rosario1/20170506_122447_zpsmoeydzwd.jpg[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]
Edit:
here's a naptime photo hehe.

Lady
05-06-2017, 10:08 PM
~~~Welcome Home KAI~~~
Great pics ThatsFowlPlay

Glad to hear she's home. I wouldn't worry about her not taking an interest in the almonds she will get better at eating what you provide. She may not of had some of the food she dropped before and isn't aware of how good they taste. Besides it's her first day and everything is new and a bit scary. BTW I really like the perch she is standing on!

ThatsFowlPlay
05-06-2017, 10:16 PM
~~~Welcome Home KAI~~~
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Glad to hear she's home. I wouldn't worry about her not taking an interest in the almonds she will get better at eating what you provide. She may not of had some of the food she dropped before and isn't aware of how good they taste. Besides it's her first day and everything is new and a bit scary. BTW I really like the perch she is standing on!
I know I love that perch too!! I changed it out as you can see in the first two pics. Can't wait to get lots more from a local company of mine!! :pinkgrin:

Dragonlady2
05-07-2017, 12:48 AM
Awesome pics! She sure is a cutie. Conures are burrowers so she might like something cozy to snuggle up to. My conure has a bell that he likes to sit under and hide his head. It's so much fun spoiling them.

PlaxMacaws
05-07-2017, 01:20 AM
Very cool that she's home! Her pics are lookin' good :D. Reading to her is great for a few reasons. It also lets her know that she's important to you by showing her that you want to spend time with her and that you will focus your attention upon her. Those things can often be reassuring to a little bird :)

ThatsFowlPlay
05-07-2017, 01:38 AM
Awesome pics! She sure is a cutie. Conures are burrowers so she might like something cozy to snuggle up to. My conure has a bell that he likes to sit under and hide his head. It's so much fun spoiling them.
So that explains why she hide under her toy. Hehe. :th_biggrin:

ThatsFowlPlay
05-07-2017, 01:40 AM
Very cool that she's home! Her pics are lookin' good :D. Reading to her is great for a few reasons. It also lets her know that she's important to you by showing her that you want to spend time with her and that you will focus your attention upon her. Those things can often be reassuring to a little bird :)
Thank you so much Plax. I got this idea from a previous forum which I thought was genius. I have many book series for her and much more hehe :pinkgrin:

luckyandjenn
05-07-2017, 04:55 PM
Shes so cute welcome home little one

Quakerella
05-08-2017, 02:21 AM
Welcome Home Kai,

She is beautiful and happy to hear she is settling in.

If you want to feed her almonds try almond slivers, they are great for younger birds. Almonds are very hard and can be difficult for the young ones.

nick
08-06-2017, 04:52 PM
Hello kai a message from kiwi

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk