PDA

View Full Version : In case anyone is wondering...

plax
05-18-2013, 04:56 AM
I was banned from ParrotForums.com today, apparently because I am an administrator here. I can think of no other reason for it. The only explanation provided from PF's staff is the following ban message that I received when I attempted to access their site earlier this evening:

You have been banned for the following reason:
Breaking Rules and Regulations within the forum
Date the ban will be lifted: Never

For the record, I did not receive a warning of any sort. Naturally, I'm curious as to which "rules and regulations" the message is referring to and claiming that I have broken there. Sadly, it appears that I may never learn the answer.

The purpose of my posting about this incident is merely to provide an explanation for why I will no longer be active on Parrot Forums. I'll very much miss interacting with my friends there :(

ShellyBorg
05-18-2013, 05:23 AM
I use to be a Admin of a vary active site. One person who became my friend would jump on and we would take our chit chat (all off topic) to a chat site leaving the forum. Another member joined us and the owner and other admins accused me of trying to start a new site and "stealing members" *rolls eyes* I also know of sites that will ban you if you join another forum like their own.... Its so stupid.

cdog
05-18-2013, 05:24 AM
Sorry you got banned.
I received several warnings from there for being "rude" when I wasn't, they said I should use more emoticons so people know how I mean things.

plax
05-18-2013, 05:36 AM
Sorry you got banned.
I received several warnings from there for being "rude" when I wasn't, they said I should use more emoticons so people know how I mean things.Wow, that's interesting. I've never experienced any issues like that there. And thanks.

plax
05-18-2013, 05:44 AM
I use to be a Admin of a vary active site. One person who become my friend would jump on and we would take our chit chat (all off topic) to a chat site leaving the forum. Another member joined us and the owner and other admins accused me of trying to start a new site and "stealing members" *rolls eyes* I also know of sites that will banned you if you join another forum like there own.... Its so stupid.Yeah, it's a bit hard to understand :th_sad14:

keepsmiling
05-18-2013, 07:34 AM
Absurd. Way to try to control people. Sorry you were banned. I know it still stings when you didn't do anything wrong.:th_hug8:

Debra
05-18-2013, 12:39 PM
I've never heard of this forum. Usually when someone mentions a new forum I get curious and go check it out. This time I won't. I don't like it when people are banned for no good reason. Sorry to hear of this.

spiritbird
05-18-2013, 01:02 PM
I too was banned last week from the same forum for the same reason. I have not posted there for over 1 year. The thing there is control. A long time moderator there seems to control all the workings and makes up rules to suit the situation. I will mention no names of course. I was a moderator there for several years. There are many members here who used to be members on the PF.

Honesty
05-18-2013, 01:26 PM
I was also banned for the same reasons. I was a Moderator on PF. If they carry on like this, they will have no members left:(

All I have to say on the subject is, Stick with us Guys, we wont ban you. We wont send you warnings if you do not use smiley's. :th_LOL: We certainly will not send you PMs to tell you that you are posting too much. Just feel free to post away :) We want you all to feel welcome here. We are a very friendly community :th_hug8:

JerseyBella
05-18-2013, 01:33 PM
Posting to much? Seriously?

roxynoodle
05-18-2013, 01:44 PM
Posting to much? Seriously?

Yes, that is why they got rid of me. Then I go on another forum where I see people with nearly 50,000 posts so I didn't have to worry about catching up to that, lol!

Blackhawk007
05-18-2013, 01:57 PM
Smiley's ? your kidding right????:th_shocking:

spiritbird
05-18-2013, 02:24 PM
I know this will not happen but should we ban members here who are on PF? Of course not. Then we would be down to their level. People should have the freedom to post on any forum they wish to providing they are not spammers or trollers.

Honesty
05-18-2013, 02:29 PM
Smiley's ? your kidding right????:th_shocking:

Oh yes, Steve, I remember this incident very well:(

Mare
05-18-2013, 03:12 PM
Well, sweet little ol' me, recently got banned from Avian Ave. and I am a happier person for it! I do know what you mean, Tony, about missing some people there. Maybe they will find you, here! :)

plax
05-18-2013, 03:30 PM
Sorry to hear that, Mare, Thanks :)

keepsmiling
05-18-2013, 04:00 PM
Yeah, I did not like the way that went down Mare. I contacted and was going to talk to Jill about it, but then I heard you were fine with it.:(
We will just have to enjoy your stories and posts here.:th_hug8:

spiritbird
05-18-2013, 04:20 PM
I am sorry that happened Mare. I do not know any details of what went down on that forum. As long as we follow the guidelines here we will all be happy campers. Thanks PP adim. for letting us speak up on what has transpired with PF.

Mare
05-18-2013, 04:21 PM
Thanks Carole, I really am happy not to be butting heads with the mods, over there, anymore. Like Tony, I will genuinely miss some of the folks there but I'm happy to be meeting new and old friends, here. :)

Honesty
05-18-2013, 04:27 PM
Thanks Carole, I really am happy not to be butting heads with the mods, over there, anymore. Like Tony, I will genuinely miss some of the folks there but I'm happy to be meeting new and old friends, here. :)

We are very happy to have you here Mare :)

merlinsmom13
05-18-2013, 08:32 PM
You have to be kidding Wendy, you too?? WTH? Did Antoinette forget she was a mod here too?

merlinsmom13
05-18-2013, 08:33 PM
Sorry, I felt I needed to mention names ;-)

Honesty
05-18-2013, 08:44 PM
I was the first Becky!!

keepsmiling
05-18-2013, 08:49 PM
:th_hug8:It's ok..who cares! Thanks to you great folks we have PP! :th_hug8:

Honesty
05-18-2013, 09:05 PM
:th_hug8:It's ok..who cares! Thanks to you great folks we have PP! :th_hug8:

:th_heart::th_heart::th_heart:

Animalman2046
05-18-2013, 10:04 PM
Sorry but I think is so sad when grown adults behave so immature. The purpose of the sites or forums is for people to get together to talk about their birds and other animals that they love. This one gets mad at that one and so on.........how childish. I am a member of a couple of forums now for a few years and I see this happen all the time and I have to be honest and say it makes me mad. Yes lots of the time it is a control issue or I just don't like you so I am gonna ban you. It makes one want to quit the forums all together. I have great hopes for this site that the administrators and moderators will not stoop to this level of banning people just because you have the power to do so. Don't get me wrong sometimes it becomes necessary to ban someone who has over stepped themselves or seriously broken the rules or so forth. I am not opposed to banning someone for a real legitimate reason but this petty caddy behavior has to stop. I hope this is the site that will be truly different and set a example to the other sites to grow up or please delete your site all together........anyone with half a brain doesn't want to be a member of that kind of site anyway.

Honesty
05-18-2013, 10:17 PM
Thankyou Ron. You can rest assured that there will be absolutely NO unnecessary banning on here! Our aim is to make you all feel very welcome and to feel part of our community:)

roxynoodle
05-18-2013, 10:20 PM
We have good intentions that our forum is a positive place and can be a relaxed atmosphere. People hopefully can feel free to post as much as they'd like, to ask questions without being made to feel like morons, can make light jokes without people getting their bristles up, can share information without members getting offended and so on. I know it's not a perfect world and there will be problems, but we will deal with them as they arise.

I've been a member of other forums, for motorcycles and compact tractors for several years and haven't seen the sorts of drama on some of the animal forums. Animal care is more controversial I guess as they are our family members. But, we could all remind ourselves from time to time that when others contribute to posts that for the most part they are trying to be helpful, not offensive. I had some posts about my dog's aggressiveness on another forum and many offered advice. It was not always good advice, but was given in a heartfelt way, I was sure of it. Someone who earns her living training dogs tough got quite upset about some trainers who were recommended. I just told her, I know, it's ok, I gave them "likes" anyway because they were trying to help :) Let's please all remember that. We are going to disagree from time to time, but if the advice was given with good intentions, there isn't any reason not to be courteous.

plax
05-18-2013, 10:49 PM
Well said, Audrey!

Pinkbirdy
05-18-2013, 11:49 PM
Wow ,Im floored reading this !! Im so sorry Honesty and Plax . You were so well liked. :( Im just learning people are on alot of different forums [to each his own ] if thats their thing right ? I enjoy the different people and takes on things . Im just shaking my head at this :(

JadeC
05-18-2013, 11:57 PM
Yeah, I felt very unwelcome on that forum and I'm so glad that I got invited to this one. I still go on that forum, but rarely post anything anymore because people aren't very nice to me. I like this forum. :)

plax
05-18-2013, 11:57 PM
Thanks Terri

plax
05-19-2013, 12:00 AM
Thank you, Jade. I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience there :(

Honesty
05-19-2013, 08:18 AM
Yeah, I felt very unwelcome on that forum and I'm so glad that I got invited to this one. I still go on that forum, but rarely post anything anymore because people aren't very nice to me. I like this forum. :)

Thankyou Jade. I am sorry you are getting negative vibes from over there, but, we are very happy to have you here:)

weco
06-04-2013, 02:56 AM
I've never heard of this forum. Usually when someone mentions a new forum I get curious and go check it out. This time I won't. I don't like it when people are banned for no good reason. Sorry to hear of this.

I hadn't either Debra, but an associate that I'm involved in a project with told me about it & asked if I'd seen it, so, like you, I went looking.....

I've had the pleasure of being booted from two forums/sites in the past 10 years.....one because the site's owner advised me that nobody questions her postings on her site, and the other because I was accused of being a troll & worse.....that site owner reminded me of Mary Kay Ash, whom I've met, but I have never trolled or worse.....

Now, I may stir things up a bit & I don't use emoticons either, though I have been known to use a colon, dash & right bracket every now & then.....and.....I don't use text-message slang nor do I type/post 'bump' for any reason.....if I have anything to say, I generally say it, though I guess I've hurt some feelings recently, because I questioned the efficacy of a commercial product that they were raving about, so if I ever hurt your feelings, please feel free to PM me about it, or if I'm to be castigated in open forum, so be it, but you'll find that we can usually find a happy meeting place.....

So, having been duly remopnstrated by membership & moderators alike, I guess this should serve as my christening post.....

I haven't looked around a lot yet, but do recognize some IDs, so I know there are some who'll recognize my ID also.....

Blackhawk007
06-04-2013, 03:09 AM
Well welcome to the site Weco. I had wondered where you had disappeared to after you signed up here.

jtbirds
06-04-2013, 03:14 AM
Ha weco it just is a matter of getting to know each others different personalities and realize how certain people interact with others, it took me awhile to figure you out i will be truthful but once i did(i know it takes me awhile ill spare you from that post:))i enjoy your company, and would like to give you a formal welcome to the forums. Hope to see you around more.

Happy first post;)

kind regards, justin

Momto3boys
06-04-2013, 10:44 AM
Holy wow, this thread just floored me.

I never ever got a good vibe from that forum, now I know why :th_omg:

Ive been on a few different animal forums, and animal people are nuts. Thank goodness all the sane ones are here :th_chickendance:

Pinkbirdy
06-04-2013, 11:37 AM
Weco ,your definitely a go to guy of knowledge. I know when I need an answer your going to have it . Also have cracked me up many of times . I think your an asset to forums .

Honesty
06-04-2013, 11:42 AM
I hadn't either Debra, but an associate that I'm involved in a project with told me about it & asked if I'd seen it, so, like you, I went looking.....

I've had the pleasure of being booted from two forums/sites in the past 10 years.....one because the site's owner advised me that nobody questions her postings on her site, and the other because I was accused of being a troll & worse.....that site owner reminded me of Mary Kay Ash, whom I've met, but I have never trolled or worse.....

Now, I may stir things up a bit & I don't use emoticons either, though I have been known to use a colon, dash & right bracket every now & then.....and.....I don't use text-message slang nor do I type/post 'bump' for any reason.....if I have anything to say, I generally say it, though I guess I've hurt some feelings recently, because I questioned the efficacy of a commercial product that they were raving about, so if I ever hurt your feelings, please feel free to PM me about it, or if I'm to be castigated in open forum, so be it, but you'll find that we can usually find a happy meeting place.....

So, having been duly remopnstrated by membership & moderators alike, I guess this should serve as my christening post.....

I haven't looked around a lot yet, but do recognize some IDs, so I know there are some who'll recognize my ID also.....

:th_welcomesign: to our forum weco :)

Turquoise
06-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Some how I missed this thread. As far as I know I haven't been banned over there. Not for not trying of sorts. I heard about Tony & Wendy's banning and went over to look around. I always went to our macaw social group first to see if any new posts had been added. Was I ever knocked for a loop when I see the place wiped clean of all our hard work & dedication of having the largest social group on PF. Not a single thread or post or photo was there!

So I make a new thread titled: Where have all the messages gone? I go on to make it sound like I think some computer glitch has ate them, full well knowing why it happened. Well one of the hatchet swinging sisters they have over there now came back in a hurry, ever so carefully swinging her hatchet toward my neck, that plax was banned so there was no reason to continue the group. Kind of in a "Run along & go play now" way of explaining it. I being the knit picker when I chose to be was not going to let this one lie. So I act surprised about plax's (Tony's) being banned and go on to quip that just because one member is not allowed to participate should not be a reason for the other 105 members to not be able to visit & share with each other any longer.

Boy does the hatchet swing closer to my neck now as the Hatchet sister tells me he created it and since he was banned it will be dissolved shortly! She also says she is not at liberty to discuss a member's banning. Ahhh, but I never asked why Tony was banned, just why our social group was being punished as well? I can feel the sharp cold steel pressing against my skin when another mod comes on & tells me I can start my own social group & it would be well received. I decide I have had enough fun getting under the two hatchet sisters' skin & just ignore it and the group was completely wiped out.

I had a visitor message from the mod who 'saved my neck' from the hatchet saying I had some beautiful photos in my album & I should have been a photographer. I felt that was him blowing smoke up my derriere to appease me. I did notice both hatchet sisters had been viewing my profile just before he came over, so I think they were looking for fuel for their fire to ban me. I really think the 3rd mod put their flames out telling them they better rethink my banning til they had a valid reason. Just my theory, but it sure felt like I was gonna' lose my head any minute from the swinging hatchets of the sisters!! Wouldn't have bothered me other than I couldn't go over there anymore & post messages just to annoy them with my MOA insignia I still have on my signature.

Sad thing is one of the 'sisters' was a friend of mine. I thought she was a good friend, then she started telling me these crazy things. All kinds of stuff that was really hard to believe & once I started questioning the discrepancies, she did a 360 on me & then she just quit talking to me. That's when I found out all this banning was going on & I put it all together. I am much better off without friends like that!!

So, that is my story as to why I won't be a willing participant over there any longer. I just can't see why some folks are so insecure that they won't let people belong to more than one forum. That is dictatorship to me & I will not be 'In Bondage or Servitude' to anyone in that way! It infuriated me when I heard Wendy & Tony had been banned over there. When they completely wiped out our social group, that was the last straw for me!!

Honesty
06-04-2013, 02:19 PM
De'Andrea.. This has made my day reading your post! It is the best thing I have read in a long time:) You have worded it so well!

Thankyou for your support and Thankyou for making my day :th_hug8:

Mare
06-04-2013, 06:19 PM
I love your hatchet analogy, very fitting and you really can feel it coming!

josiesmom
06-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Maybe you should be a writer....your great use of words makes it very entertaining even though the topic was serious. I don't think I have been banned although I'm not really know to many people either there or here. Sometimes it's good to be invisible.

In any case, I won't go back to pf. Much nicer here. :-)

Honesty
06-04-2013, 07:30 PM
Maybe you should be a writer....your great use of words makes it very entertaining even though the topic was serious. I don't think I have been banned although I'm not really know to many people either there or here. Sometimes it's good to be invisible.

In any case, I won't go back to pf. Much nicer here. :-)

Thankyou Anita:) We love having you here with us!

Turquoise
06-04-2013, 09:07 PM
I do try to keep things whenever possible on a more lighthearted level. It is a seriously sad situation and I feel most for the unknowing who fall into their trap of lies. I'm not saying every mod over there is that way, just the two I and others have had dealings with. I really loved being on the PF forum until all the drama began & continued. I could have moved on past it all & still enjoy the forum if the other situations had not continued.

I am very grateful to Tony & Wendy for creating this calm atmosphere for all of us 'misfits' to relax in & enjoy the beautiful creatures that brought us all together as one flock!

tonkatiel
06-04-2013, 11:00 PM
I just went to go on PF and got this message:
"You have been banned for the following reason: Questionable and Dubious Actions. Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

I haven't posted in there in a few days, and what I posted last was definitely nothing dubious or questionable... Really confused about what I've supposedly done wrong :/
By the sounds of this thread though they don't generally need an actual reason to ban people other than they feel like it :/

kackels
06-04-2013, 11:44 PM
Yes, that is why they got rid of me. Then I go on another forum where I see people with nearly 50,000 posts so I didn't have to worry about catching up to that, lol!

Audrey, are you serious? That's crazy!!!

Turquoise
06-05-2013, 03:24 AM
I was curious if I had been banned already since so many of you are finding this to be the case all of a sudden. I do have my messages set on 'instant email' but sometimes I never get one.

So, I go over there & at least as of a couple of hours or so ago I
I had not been banned yet. Interesting since they shound be gunning for me more so than most on here. I did challenge their actions on the group deletion and caused at least a little comotion for a short bit.

So then why or maybe what are they using as valid reasons to ban so many people? Does the admins even care what is going on or do they ever check up on their site? I know we don't have the answer, but it is food for thought!

Honesty
06-05-2013, 08:09 AM
I just went to go on PF and got this message:
"You have been banned for the following reason: Questionable and Dubious Actions. Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

I haven't posted in there in a few days, and what I posted last was definitely nothing dubious or questionable... Really confused about what I've supposedly done wrong :/
By the sounds of this thread though they don't generally need an actual reason to ban people other than they feel like it :/

I am so sorry you have also been banned for no valid reason!

I am at a loss to know what is going on over there! They are going to lose all of their members if they carry on like this!

You are very welcome here and are amongst a very happy community [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

jtbirds
06-05-2013, 10:30 PM
Well as DE would say the hatchet has swung and hit me right in the neck, I have been banned from PF today. I'd like to point out I have not been active on that forum for about a month and when I was it was to check up on some friends and say hello and give some advice to owners if i had the spare minute. But I'd say o in the last two weeks I wasn't on at all but to check on mikey and heather after the horrible storms. So for no reason, bit spite I have been banned by a very tyrannical person obviously. The reason was questionable and dubious actions and it is never being lifted.

I can honestly say if I could say one thing to them and if anyone would say this for me is I do not care, as immaturity is the downfall to that forum and it is highly sad that a person my age can see this and be able to label it without much issue.

I'd also like to point out I have a method that has been proven to stop cockatoo screaming I developed it in my own time because of the need to stop my m2 from screaming 8 hours a day, I went to post it as a sticky and although a great mod had said yes that she thought it was great, another hatchet swinging fool threw me down because of my age, pretty much trying to word that I know nothing at my age and am full of it..

I am not upset just kinda hmm humored that this event has occurred for no reason but my postion given on this forum. I hate to say this but that forum is not a place to be and I am not one to talk bad about something, they have banned many members now for absolutely no apparent reason, but yet members on that forum that cause issues are still around to speak and cause those issues.

Thankyou to this great forum as this is just one more reason to be completely committed and helpful to a good causing place and not one that is run for nothing but personal gain and status.

Thank you, your friend
Justin

Honesty
06-05-2013, 10:38 PM
I am so sorry you have been banned too Justin:( If they carry on like this, they will have no members left!

We are very happy to have you here on our forum and we thank you for all your support :) Stick with us Justin as :pp_rocks:

jtbirds
06-05-2013, 10:58 PM
Thank you wendy, but no need to be sorry I contributed a lot to that forum, helped many owners and tried to help educate many people it is them that has gotten a loss.. I'd also like to point out the same goes for you, tony, and anyone else that has been banned. Our cause is to help the animals in which we so much love and it is sad to see that is not what they are about anymore.

And Wendy you are absolutely correct! We do rock.

plax
06-05-2013, 11:02 PM
Justin: everything that Wendy said goes for me as well! They have some serious issues over there!

Mare
06-05-2013, 11:12 PM
Is it PF policy to not allow their members to be a member on another forum?! If so, that' s pretty ridiculous! My other thought for so many being suddenly banned is, someone from there could be reading what is being said about them, here, on this forum, which would be good for them to hear, but, none the less, piss them off. Just a thought..

spiritbird
06-05-2013, 11:17 PM
I was a moderator on PF for over 3 years and had what I thought was a good rapport with the other mods and and Adm. Stuff hit the fan and I did not go back or post for over 1 year. Then I see I was banned for "breaking forum rules" which are apparently made up to suit the situation. I am sorry you got caught in the silly politics there too Justin. PF is digging their own grave quickly.

Blancaej
06-05-2013, 11:21 PM
Wow! I wonder if De and I will be next since we are sm & mod. If they do, I'd rather be here anyway. We'll see what happens. Besides I don't post there much anymore. Most of my favorite people are over here. Hopefully more of our friends will find this great forum!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Blancaej
06-05-2013, 11:27 PM
And yes, they lost a lot of assets on pf. Lots of wonderful knowledge and years of experience! I am so grateful to know all of you. You've all helped me tremendously with transitioning Savannah! I feel like I've known you for years. Thanks for making me feel so welcome!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

plax
06-05-2013, 11:41 PM
Is it PF policy to not allow their members to be a member on another forum?! If so, that' s pretty ridiculous! My other thought for so many being suddenly banned is, someone from there could be reading what is being said about them, here, on this forum, which would be good for them to hear, but, none the less, piss them off. Just a thought..Mare: Yes, of course they can read this thread. And if they have an interest, my guess is they're probably doing it. I simply don't believe in the censorship that they practice over there.

(Note: To clarify a bit more, anyone with an Internet connection and a browser can anonymously access public threads on forum sites like this one. As staff, we can see their IPs/hosts when they connect and access various sections, but their user names will always show as "Guest". Mare mentioning this matter got me thinking that it's probably a good idea to be sure all of our members are aware that their messages here are visible to the public Internet. Hence this explanation.)

Turquoise
06-06-2013, 12:02 AM
Justin, that surprises me greatly since you did post often with very good info & you did help lots of folks while you were there. It doesn't surprise me tho with the mindset they seem to have adopted & I wish them luck. Pretty soon it is going to be hard for anyone to *measure up* in their opinion. If all they wanted was a handful of members chit~chatting about who they hate today, I would suggest they create a FB group page. FB is more geared for that kind of 'private club' atmosphere. And I am not saying anything bad about FB, I am a member there who does have one of those small group pages, but I welcome anyone. They don't have to be in my *click* to be on there & it is not about who I hate. Let me clarify that one.:th_LOL:

Justin, I am appalled that they would not accept your ideas & training thread just because you are young. Age is just a number, boy don't I know that! I am older than just about anyone on here, but that does not mean I have more experience or knowledge on anything. Just that I managed to b one step ahead of the Grim Reaper for a much longer time than most. Anyway, we are better than that & we show it every day with our great flock we have here~~Our Members!!!:th_hug8:

Mare, I had the same thought about someone snooping over here & then reporting back to the 'Mother-ship of Hatchet Swingers'. That is sad to say the least. When I went over to see if I'd been banned yet, I just looked at a few threads in the macaw forum, didn't post anything & then left. I had no intention of spying on anyone or the place. I still have a pm I need to attend to where a member asked me about keeping multiple macaws & what Catalinas are like. I guess I better get that done before I am not allowed on there anymore either. :th_toofunny:

jtbirds
06-06-2013, 12:23 AM
I had said to someone early, any place ruled by tyrants or figures of erm hatchet swingers should know through there all mighty knowledge that every tyrant in life and time and people of such like them will get back what they have given, so they keep going this way they are going to ban themselves right out of a forum.

Thanks everyone I am really not impacted by this move, I was kind of waiting for it to happen I had this thought for quite some time they were going to try and ban me and as many members that they could with relations to anyone they have chosen not to like and even lie about.

Mare
06-09-2013, 02:00 AM
Ok, I'm feeling weird. I was a member on PF many moons ago and just went over to see if I still was and, yes, I still am! I haven't posted there since I don't know when but am still aloud to post!? My only interest there had always been with the free flight section. I just entered something there, will I now be banned? Do you think? I'll let you know..

It must have been something I said on Avian Ave. to get me banned from there! I say that with tongue in cheek, there are many people on that forum that are judgmental and just plain mean to others and the mods allow it to go on and on. My speaking up, to the mods about this, got me banned. Yes, it was PM'd but it was how I felt about how well they were doing their job, it was a piss-poor job, IMO.

gemini_84
06-09-2013, 03:08 AM
:th_omg: in shock. I cant believe what i have read.

Since joining PF in October of last year i always found it to be very formal and some what cold, but also very informative. On joining here,instantly it felt warm and welcoming, so thank you guys.

I seen it mentioned about being banned for being rude.... if any one should be banned for bieng rude it should be me, not that im saying im rude but i can be very abrupt and firth coming and this only because i have a passion for parrots and sometimes you just cant walk on eggshells. I recently said my 2cents to a guy who had a tantrum cause he had had 10 views and no replies... i returned the next day to a pm from apologizing.

Although i am a member of both forums, i have posted more on PF regarding questions as those who advice i found most informative i had not seen on here, for example JTBirds and Weco. But i now see they are here, and kept all my light hearted fun stories etc gere. The few freinds i made over on PF i have seen most of them here. recently i made a new one in which i think i may inform of this site and then so be it, if i get banned i get banned.

I think it is BS what is going on, as those of you that have now been banned from there were the most helpful.
Im seriously considering expressing my disgust openly on the forum.

I am so glad i was personally invited to join PP..... it is much more warm and welcoming.

plax
06-09-2013, 03:26 AM
Mare: The questioning staff thing seems to be considered a serious offense on quite a few forums. In my view, if it's in PM then it's no big deal. It's just someone voicing a concern and/or asking questions. I think it's unreasonable to ban for that in most cases. It typically creates hard feelings and unfavorable rumors. Then when you throw in the power trip element on the part of certain staff members it can become even more ugly.

plax
06-09-2013, 03:27 AM

Since joining PF in October of last year i always found it to be very formal and some what cold, but also very informative. On joining here,instantly it felt warm and welcoming, so thank you guys.

I seen it mentioned about being banned for being rude.... if any one should be banned for bieng rude it should be me, not that im saying im rude but i can be very abrupt and firth coming and this only because i have a passion for parrots and sometimes you just cant walk on eggshells. I recently said my 2cents to a guy who had a tantrum cause he had had 10 views and no replies... i returned the next day to a pm from apologizing.

Although i am a member of both forums, i have posted more on PF regarding questions as those who advice i found most informative i had not seen on here, for example JTBirds and Weco. But i now see they are here, and kept all my light hearted fun stories etc gere. The few freinds i made over on PF i have seen most of them here. recently i made a new one in which i think i may inform of this site and then so be it, if i get banned i get banned.

I think it is BS what is going on, as those of you that have now been banned from there were the most helpful.

I am so glad i was personally invited to join PP..... it is much more warm and welcoming.We very much appreciate your kind words, Amanda :)

Mare
06-09-2013, 03:48 AM
The staff on that forum, (not all), is involved in a clique, as far as I'm concerned. There are a few special sorts that are allowed to be abusive and get away with it. Ooooo, it just makes me fume thinking about how some of these folks are allowed to be hurtful and mean towards others and then get kudos from the admin. and mods for being that way! I spoke up, I had been in these people's shoes, the ones that are getting picked on. They finally had left me alone but I felt others needed my support so, I get banned.

noblemacaw
06-09-2013, 05:07 AM
I am a little confused as to what the heck is going on the Parrot Form. I noticed some of my friends listed were banned and when someone else put up a thread about I responded. It was after my response a mod stated that there will be no discussion for reasons of banns and locked the thread. I emailed Justin about it because he and I worked on the rehome parrot doc and he was listed in my friends list as banned. This thread helped cleared up the "confusion" I had for why people were disappearing on that form.

I also still have that Macaw Alliance thing in my signature and wonder not that it has been "erased" will they ask me to remove it from my signature or/and will I be banned too?

I posted an update and some video's of Valentino and only three people responded and my post was buried so quickly even after I responded and put up another picture. Not that it was buried intentionally but that suddenly the macaw section got so increasingly busy my post got buried quickly. I think for all the effort of getting the pictures and video in that post with hardly any responses does not really motivate me to want to post more. I think that might be why I have not been posting on there much.

If I pick up activity on this form will I eventually be banned on PF? *sigh* I just don't know what to think anymore.

Mare
06-09-2013, 05:15 AM
Noblemacaw, I want you to know that I was not speaking of PF! Ok, we are starting to get a little abstract here. For the record, I'm done venting. :)

plax
06-09-2013, 06:34 AM
Noblemacaw: First, welcome back to Precisely Parrots :). I can't answer whether or not they will ban you for interacting here. It's true that several members here have been banned there, but others have not.

If you've read this entire thread then you're probably aware of what occurred to explain some of what you're seeing on PF, as you have indicated. We have very different policies from PF here. We don't censor many of the things that PF staff censors. We don't ban people for using other forums or for being staff members on other forums. We don't threaten members, and we don't ban them for no good reason with a vague explanation as PF tends to do.

If you have additional questions, I'll try my best to answer them (if I can). And please know that I'm happy you are here :). You are welcome to become as active here as you like and you will always be welcome! I miss reading your threads about Valentino :(.

Turquoise
06-09-2013, 06:36 AM
I wasn't going to come over & gloat about getting banned from PF, but I finally did!:th_biggrin: It is so hilarious and pathetic that I will share with ya'll exactly what my banning infraction said.

You have been banned for the following reason: From the hatchet sister to the snakeheart. Date when this ban will be lifted: Never

What she meant with the "snakeheart" phrase is hoping to infuriate me about my email address and only this one SMod was my friend and knew my address. It does not bother me in the least, it just shows how petty some people can be and think they have to control their friends by controlling who they befriend or where they chose to hang out on a perch.

I have been checking in the past 4 days to see if I was, I had a feeling now that I am a staff member here it would happen soon. My first post in this thread was on the 4th of this month. It took 5 days for her to 'do the deed'. A couple of days ago the SMod (this I am most certain of) who wrote this and banned me deleted herself from my FB group page and my friends list. I was not going to delete her, she would have to do that herself if she no longer wished to be a member. It did not bother me for her to be on either one even tho she has not written or spoken a word to me since she left this forum.

Although my post here about the two Smods who seem to be overly eager to ban people was done in a story telling sort of way, everything I said did happen in the order I wrote it! I still have all of the conversation I and the two SMods who responded to my questions (one female and one male) engaged in written down on paper. It was all over their dissolving our social group, Macaw Owners Alliance. Tony started the group and in their minds since they banned him, they would punish the group by deleting every single thread, post and photo all of us contributed to it. In other words they were punishing the other 105 members as well. That is what I questioned and that is what got under the two I call 'Hatchet Sisters' skin.

I really liked PF in the beginning when I first joined and there are still many folks over there I miss interacting with. A lot of them are here now, so hopefully the rest will join here too and we can still visit from time to time in threads. I still see no reason anyone cannot be a member of more than one parrot forum or any other forum for that matter. I didn't know being a member of a forum was a competition and you had to choose which one you would be exclusive to. If that is the case I should have been banned from many more by now, but PF is the very first one I have ever been banned from.:th_LOL:

Honesty
06-09-2013, 07:45 AM

I am so glad i was personally invited to join PP..... it is much more warm and welcoming.

Thankyou Amanda. We are very happy that you are here with us :)

tonkatiel
06-09-2013, 11:19 AM
I'm pretty sure I was banned only for being a member over here, I can see no other reason whatsoever... I was only a member for a short time, as far as I know I didn't do anything against the 'rules' and yet I was still banned with no explanation :/

Honesty
06-09-2013, 11:25 AM
I'm pretty sure I was banned only for being a member over here, I can see no other reason whatsoever... I was only a member for a short time, as far as I know I didn't do anything against the 'rules' and yet I was still banned with no explanation :/

They are well out of order for doing this!! :(

Mare
06-09-2013, 02:43 PM
Ron, sometimes we need to vent, let things off our chest, so to speak. We are in the off topic section and I see nothing wrong with a little release of feelings.

tonkatiel
06-09-2013, 02:45 PM
I don't think anyone was meaning to 'slam' other forums... I for one was very grateful to find this thread after I was banned simply because it answered the questions the forum which banned me refused to answer. It was good to know that I wasn't alone, as I had seriously been wondering what I had done wrong.

Blancaej
06-09-2013, 03:19 PM
I agree, sometimes getting something off our chest helps us move through a negative situation. This is an off topic, and people should be able to talk amongst themselves as adults and express there feelings whether it be positive or negative. As adults we should be able to respect everyone's opinions.

It's not being done to make people stop using PF. I am still an active member of PF. What is said here doesn't make me stop posting there. I post there because of the members that I have become friends with and I don't plan to stop unless I get banned as well. I don't see that coming, and I hope I am not. But like everyone else, if it does happen there, I would hope I can talk freely about it here.

plax
06-09-2013, 03:35 PM
Why do people come on here to slam or bash another person or forum? I think it is wrong and immature. I thought the forums were a place to come and talk about our love for our birds and other animals. I don't think I want to be a member of a forum that allows this kind of behavior in it's members. Please someone in administration put a end to this or else PP will be no different than the other forums. Thank you.Hi Ron...

You say we will be no different from other forums if, as a venting outlet, we allow our members to describe unfair treatment witnessed and/or experienced from the management personnel on those other forums? I think the fact that we do allow this to take place in our Off Topic section is one of the things that in fact makes us different from most other bird forums. When people are treated unfairly without explanation it's not only stressful, but it's hurtful as well. I believe it to be therapeutic for us to share our experiences and release our frustrations about the common negative experiences we've encountered. And allowing that to occur here is certainly not being the same as the other parrot forums with which I'm familiar.

We would hate to lose you as a contributing member here. But if you disagree and are passionate about that disagreement, it's certainly your choice. I hope you'll remain with us.

ConureCrazy
06-09-2013, 05:20 PM
Wow. Just.... I am literally crying, gah! :( Oh my gosh.

When I first joined, it seemed nice, serious and formal sometimes, but nice. They didn't bash me or anything, for my age (**), though sometimes members hinted at it (I think I take care of my pets perfectly fine, the same as any adult would! :)) . I made friends quick. Paul, Mara, WharRat(Scott), and me, would joke endlessly; we were a little gang of clowns. Then... They Paul and Mara were banned... (I understand why though, no need to talk about it more. :)) And I kind of flitted about, not posting much but still checking up on it. Then (Jersey)Wendy and Tab came, I made friends with yet another Wendy (Honesty on here) along with many other new friendly members came and joined... Now it seems to be going down hill as fast as the big hill on the Goliath rollercoaster I rode last year, up ,up, up, dwindling at the peak, then now it seems to be plummeting down...fast... I'm just really sad. It was a great forum, but now it seems to be digging its grave much too quickly... :( And for totally immature reasons. There's nothing wrong If a person is a member of another forum on the same subject; maybe they want to experience different atmospheres, or simply just know a few members from one forum that aren't on another.

I have you guys though! :) Definitely better than I ever could have asked for! :D

Pinkbirdy
06-09-2013, 05:31 PM
I am glad there is this thread [as a member we know there is something going on ] I appreciate being let in on it.I think because of being able to hear everyones views and concerns . We will be able to regroup and move on .

ConureCrazy
06-09-2013, 05:34 PM
. A couple of days ago the SMod (this I am most certain of) who wrote this and banned me deleted herself from my FB group page
I was not sure who the other 'sister', must I say, was... Now I've got an idea... And if I'm right.. Wow. :(

plax
06-09-2013, 05:36 PM
Thanks for your thoughts, Yasmin and Terri :)

Turquoise
06-13-2013, 09:38 AM
I didn't get back to this thread in time to read what was said in the post that has brought on these most recent posts. I have a general idea of what it consisted of and why it was felt by the OP.

Therefore I feel I should apologize to this person and any others who may be offended by anything I have written thus far. I did wrote the most damaging accounts of the goings on over there. It was never my intention to try to sway anyone into not enjoying being on that forum.

I should not have posted my personal thoughts, story-like or otherwise on this thread. It was in bad taste and I will not do so again. If my presence here on this forum causes anyone to not want to be a part of our members, please pm me about such and I will personally apologize to you. I don't want to jeopardize this or any other forum in any way and if I am running off members I will graciously resign before I will let my presence destroy this wonderful forum Tony and Wendy have worked so hard to create for the love of parrots.

Blancaej
06-13-2013, 03:13 PM
De'Andrea - I don't think your presence is going to make anyone want to leave this forum. You were expressing how you felt about things going on. We all need to vent in some way shape or form. I would hope that if anyone did have issue with the things you said, they would pm you and let you know. You are a wonderful part of this forum and would be missed if you were no longer with us. Your last post is appreciated non the less and shows that you are just another caring member of the forum team! :)

spiritbird
06-13-2013, 03:20 PM
You are a valued person on this forum so please do not even consider leaving. Forum defined: 1.A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged. We are exchanging ideas here and also opinions. If one person's ideas or opinion do not jive with the other persons that should be OK. You will not find a group of people with the same ideas and opinions anywhere! Please relax and enjoy.

plax
06-13-2013, 03:22 PM
De'Andrea... I agree with everything that Blanca has stated! I couldn't have said it better, myself. There's no reason for you to feel bad. You're a tremendously supportive and valued member of our community!!!

Honesty
06-13-2013, 03:39 PM
De'Andrea..... I wholeheartedly agree with Blanca and Tony. You had every right to express your feelings and you did so in a very polite manner.

We thank you for your support and you are a fantastic SMod. We are so happy to have you here as part of our growing community :) Do not feel bad in any way!

ConureCrazy
06-13-2013, 04:10 PM
De' Andrea, I'll just pretty much repeat what others have said.. I don't think you were doing anything wrong. You are a great member of the forum, I think everyone would be affected if you left. :)

jtbirds
06-14-2013, 12:08 PM
De you are allowed to express your feelings, in the end it is better like that. People will take what they want from it and that is how people are. You are to great of an assets to this forum to be worried about that.

plax
06-18-2013, 01:17 PM
Update:

The senior Super Moderator at PF, who lives in South Africa and who as well had served as a Super Moderator here at PP for a time, clearly holds a fascination for browsing our forum site on a frequent basis. Recently, she has been observed making connections to our site as a guest and browsing our threads for extended periods.

08:43 PM
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] Viewing Announcement Off Topic ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])
105-236-97-176.access.mtnbusiness.co.za

12:15 PM
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] Viewing Thread [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] In case anyone is wondering... ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])
105-236-154-148.access.mtnbusiness.co.za

These sessions of hers have been confirmed, based upon her South African Internet service host and the dynamic IP address range of the specific connections. Once she resigned from PP, her member access was banned because she had repeatedly returned to our site to browse our members' profile information. A block, however, had not been placed on her IP address range. While such a block can certainly (and easily) be implemented, we have decided to allow her the convenience of browsing access (since it seems quite important to her for whatever reason).

That's the extent of my update for now.

josiesmom
06-18-2013, 02:21 PM
I'm baffled by this thread. Why does it matter if we join both forums? Isn't the purpose of both to learn and converse with others who have similar interests?

Honesty
06-18-2013, 02:56 PM
I'm baffled by this thread. Why does it matter if we join both forums? Isn't the purpose of both to learn and converse with others who have similar interests?

You are absolutely right Anita. It shouldn't matter if members are on different forums, but for some strange reason, they have felt compelled to ban some of our members for this very reason:(

ConureGuy
07-22-2013, 02:33 AM
I too was banned last week from the same forum for the same reason. I have not posted there for over 1 year. The thing there is control. A long time moderator there seems to control all the workings and makes up rules to suit the situation. I will mention no names of course. I was a moderator there for several years. There are many members here who used to be members on the PF.

Indeed i was also a active member on that fourm and was also wrongly banned i was told i had been sent warning after warning which was untrue i made some very good friends on there one being yourself and wendy aswell as mara and a few others and i had that taken from me all because the mod was on a power trip and ant was no better i'm glad i don't have to put up with there BS anymore it's a new fourm and a new start for us all who got banned from that site so we can all make the best of it and enjoy ourselves. :)

Pinkbirdy
07-22-2013, 02:44 AM
Birdmad,were you a different name on that forum?

ConureGuy
07-22-2013, 02:56 AM
Birdmad,were you a different name on that forum?

Yeah i was terri.

Honesty
08-02-2013, 09:37 PM
Indeed i was also a active member on that fourm and was also wrongly banned i was told i had been sent warning after warning which was untrue i made some very good friends on there one being yourself and wendy aswell as mara and a few others and i had that taken from me all because the mod was on a power trip and ant was no better i'm glad i don't have to put up with there BS anymore it's a new fourm and a new start for us all who got banned from that site so we can all make the best of it and enjoy ourselves. :)

New beginnings here Paul :D

We are happy to have you here :)

Sent from my GT-S6500 using Tapatalk 2

jacksmom
08-11-2013, 07:47 AM
Hello all!

I have to admit, I did not read carefully all 10 pages...sort of skimmed a few - but even that told me all I needed to know - a mere hour later I have found a new home, if you will have me. I was recently liberated from parrotforums.com myself, (I have a sleep disorder and jolted wide awake at 2am for some reason, found out just now but I suppose I was banned yesterday) called a troll and given no explanation other than that. I have no idea, really, how I was trolling - whether they imagine me to be a business, a troublemaker, or what...I made three posts yesterday - one responding to a member who had posted they were leaving, (which was sort of a dry matter-of-fact post relating an experience I had, I have been posting on various forums almost a decade now and know better than to "get heated") one giving advice on a T stand build, and one showing off my fids new playstands at the farm.

To be clear, I do NOT run a bird farm, lol...it is a coral farm. And I do not expect a single one of you to be my customers. In fact, I really hope you are not, lol - I sponsor enough forums for my business - I just want a bird forum to play and share on...

Anyway, I suppose it was the post responding to the leaving member - I guess I wasn't supposed to understand or sympathize with him/her, or let any pms I had been sent by forum bullies out in the open. ;) Sigh, for all I know that is a fine print rule somewhere - of course if I was just informed I would always comply with rules. :)

I guess. Who knows? Kind of hurts I went through all the trouble to post the picture of the stands - my friends and I had combined pvc and natural wood in a way I have never before seen, and I thought people would sprint to their garages/sheds to hunt up materials for their own, lol. I even figured out a way to save money using unsafe screws in places it is absolutely impossible for the dynamic duo to get to them! (I usually will only use stainless steel everything, but in this instance even I couldn't figure out a way they could get at them, and I am quite the paranoid polly!)

Off to make a welcome post, I hope you will accept yet another parrotforums.com reject! BTW, I found this forum while leaving a couple negative reviews for parrotforums.com...which I have never done with any company, ever, my whole life. (I am 32, but a very OLD 32 if you know what I mean!) Maybe we should thank them for driving us all this nice traffic as they go on their unexplained banning spree? :cool:

(Edit - changed today to yesterday, yikes it is early! :D)

Turquoise
08-11-2013, 08:26 AM
Love your concept of driving all this 'unwelcomed over there' traffic our way! They seem to be out of control in some ways with their necessity of banning people for no reason. I know a little behind the scene things governing some of their attitude & I can say I am better off being one of the banned former members from there. I was banned simply from making a couple of posts on this thread about their wanton banning ways. Not for anything I posted on their forum.

Ahhh, but it is in the past & we are very friendly here & don't mind how many forums you belong to. You are most welcome here as well as folks who are still active on PF and all other forums.:th_biggrin:

Honesty
08-11-2013, 08:46 AM
We are very happy you have found us Jacksmom:) Of course you are welcome here. We are very happy you have joined us!

I am a former Moderator of PF and was banned! In their eyes it was a criminal offence to have my own forum! plax ( Tony ) was also banned for more or less the same reason. They obviously see us as the two partners in crime now we have our own forum :(

I saw your post on PF yesterday in a members leaving post and thought how well you had put your statement across. I also knew you would be banned for it. Obviously, I know how they operate :)

On a much more positive note, we have some lovely members here and a fantastic team of Moderators :) We all look forward to getting to know you :)

jacksmom
08-11-2013, 09:17 AM
Thank you for that, I honestly thought it might be because they imagined me a business - in the reef forum circles businesses posing as regular members are also called trolls. I don't have a ton of experience on bird forums, but in the aquarium forums you really never get banned for opinions as long as you are in no way rude about it, like saying a bad thing in a nice way. You would also never be banned for copy/pasting a pm from another member - basically if you don't want it publicly known, don't pm random people you don't even know with confrontational subject matter. ;)

It was actually getting, um, well, just a TAD over the line, what I said...but I about had it, anyway - I really understood this guy and felt bad for him.

Ok, one more haterrific thing, and then I will stop, because this is so unlike me...they were crazy to ban you guys for that, but I am glad they did...already I found an answer on here to a question I had posted on that forum for days with no real answer...and I didn't even ask, it was just in a top of the list info post! :cool:

Honesty
08-11-2013, 01:13 PM
It was actually getting, um, well, just a TAD over the line, what I said...but I about had it, anyway - I really understood this guy and felt bad for him. Good for you in speaking up for him :) It may have got you banned, but at least you have the satisfaction of knowing you did the right thing:)

Ok, one more haterrific thing, and then I will stop, because this is so unlike me...they were crazy to ban you guys for that, but I am glad they did...already I found an answer on here to a question I had posted on that forum for days with no real answer...and I didn't even ask, it was just in a top of the list info post! :cool:I am pleased to know you were able to find answers to your questions here :)

spiritbird
08-11-2013, 01:43 PM
We do not view you as a reject. You are on a new road now with us and you will not find judgmental members here. I would love to hear about your fids. Thanks for joining us too.

Robyn
09-16-2014, 11:36 AM
I know I am a bit late posting on here however I just found this forum today. I joined PF in march of 2010 and was banned three or four days ago. The reason? informing somebody of the dangers of handfeeding even though they refused to acknowldege that for a first timer with nobody to teach them it's safer to let the parents feed the babies (this persons birds were tame even while raising chicks) as they had been for the past 4 weeks and to handle them alot. I eventually got so frustrated that I told them if/when they kill one of the babies they can expect NO sympathy from me. So getwozzy deleted several of my postings on that thread then the original poster decided to leave. Another new member got her first two birds in July towards the end of August she took on 3 jendays none of them tame. She posted the night before that she was looking for a medium sized bird and asked between four (really three as 2 were Pionus). I told her normally I would reccommend the pionus but seeing as she just got 5 birds in 2 months I'd hold off for a while so she can tame the resident birds. RavenGryf a supporting member with over 5,000 postings quoted me and said I had a valid point and went on to talk about the financial responsibility of so many birds. I responded saying I was just concerned about them getting overwhelmed trying to tame 6 birds at once. So when JerseyWendy (imagine my surprise when I read through this forum and found out about her) decided to inform me that she deleted my posting on that thread because they were rude and I previously "caused a fairly new member" to leave. I went back and saw she deleted RavenGryf's post stateing she agreed with me I got mad and I messaged her back that it was funny how she was going after me and if SUPPORTING members agree then obviously I can't be too rude not to mention that anybody and that she would rather people kill their babies (the hand feeding one told me he'd rather the babies die because of a mistake he made than leave them with the parents) or get so many birds they become overwhelmed and can't handle any of them than have people point out the common outcomes of thier decisions. I got banned afterwards reason stated "Being disrespectful to members and the forum" it will never be lifted. I have been "lurking" on there via my phone and found out that just since my ban that same person looking for her 6th bird rehomed 2 of her jendays because they were too loud then got an amazon. I just feel bad for her birds because she's obviously not putting any time into them getting them in succession like that not to mention rehoming after having them for 2 weeks. Sadly another new member who actually wanted to learn about her birds finally came back on after a couple weeks off and thanked me for the tips I gave her about her tiel and she's absorbing everything I tell her (her words not mine) but I can't help her out any more which is really disheartening as nobody else answered her posts asking for help. On there my name was Colorguarder08.

Animalman2046
09-16-2014, 01:01 PM
Sorry to all who were banned from another forum. I also was banned from a forum (will not mention the name) for a similar reason. They said I was rude to a moderator who seemed to want to delete all my posts and harass me with private messages. I really think it is silly and inmature and for that reason I am not on the forum very often to prevent this from happening again. Sad! I hope it stays wholesome and happy here with all.

PlaxMacaws
09-16-2014, 03:09 PM
Robyn: Your description of events relating to the aforementioned forum site and its moderator staff is absolutely consistent with my experience there, as well as with that of many other folks. It's such a shame that certain online parrot support communities seem to have a low priority concerning bird safety issues. It's especially bothersome to me because people read the archives in which warnings have been edited out (as too rude or offensive) and are thus prone to take the impression that reckless conduct with companion birds is no big thing. Well, it IS a big thing and pet bird forum site management teams should be responsible to that effect! The 'passively kind' approach can be dangerous because it doesn't highlight the real potential for catastrophe which exists in many cases. In truth, people will read forum thread archives indefinitely into the future, so safety messages and firm warnings are extremely important!

Thanks for sharing your plight with us concerning the PF folks.

Macaw Lover
09-17-2014, 03:24 AM
I haven't been banned (yet) but have been given a third warning because I spoke up when someone had a GW Macaw who had 'night frights', fell off the perch a couple of times and was supposedly having seizures one night after the bird fell again and screamed. They took the bird the next morning to the vet that said he must have a brain tumor. Must Have?????????? No diagnostic tests were run, no medication was given to see if that would control these seizures if they really were true seizures, nothing. No treatment of any kind and they put the bird down then and there and they only had the bird 1.5 months!!!!!!!!

So I posted my thoughts about killing a bird without getting a definitive diagnosis and basing it on just a guess. Was this vet really experienced with birds I wonder???? A few days later after my posting I was notified that my post was taken down. When I posted it I did not go back and keep any tabs to see if others agreed/disagreed or what, maybe it started something for all I know. What gets me was being told the warning I was being given was due to ' insensitive and abrasive comments made to grieving members in the Bereavement Forum' What I want to know is how can that owner be grieving when they had the bird killed before they even had a confirmed diagnosis or did nothing to see if the issues could be helped.

I had heard of a few bad things on other forums about that site and then learning the history here and how this site was started, I just have not been back there posting. I have seen how they cover over different situations where a birds safety and life is not at the forefront just in order to not offend someone.

I just cannot understand how they (the site as a whole) can act like they do. It just sickens me, period.

PlaxMacaws
09-17-2014, 03:40 AM
I just cannot understand how they (the site as a whole) can act like they do. It just sickens me, period.I agree, Renee'.

Robyn
09-18-2014, 02:30 AM
I find it funny because when Halloween died I posted in the bearevment section shortly before leaving the forum (and avian community entirely) for 3 years and memebers posted on there calling me a liar about the bar spacing and told me it was my fault for putting her in the wrong sized cage. Halloween was in a rather small cage with 1/2 in bar spacing the vet had to pry the bars apart to get her untangled and even said he had never seen that in over 10 years of being an avian vet and couldn't even begin to guess how she got like that. Nothing was done about those comments though. When I posted about Riley and my attempts to prevent night frights because she had some pretty bad ones at the breeders I got talked to by some new member who had only joined recently about how I clearly didnt't know anything about cockatiels and blah blah blah because they were prone to night frights. I was rude in my responce to him telling him that I am fully aware of them being prone to night frights however most don't break a blood feather during them and then a couple weeks later turn around and relase ALL tail feathers. Not to mention the breeders told me this clutch had more night frights than any other clutch she has ever had. His posting remained there as well. So really it's just because they don't like certain members for whatever reason.

PlaxMacaws
09-18-2014, 03:44 AM
Well, Robyn... as with quite a few forums, that one seems to run rampant with clique groups. And my impression has been that some of them are heavily favored by the SMods. At least it seems that's how things have evolved there. If you're not considered a member of one of the favored cliques, you're probably more likely to be banned for actions that may be ignored when others engage in them. So it's a social rapport thing with the staff there I think. If you're not a favored individual, the only way to protect yourself from being purged may be to remain relatively passive about controversy and issuing warnings or advice. I assure you that if they don't like you for any reason at all, your days there will be numbered. I'm sorry you've had to experience all of the negatives. I've certainly experienced my share.

Robyn
09-18-2014, 06:44 AM
It's ok I just really wish I had a way of contacting that one new cockatiel owner still and giving her my contact information incase she has any other questions as she is really trying to do whats best for her bird I'm assuming it's her first by the way she was talking.

PlaxMacaws
09-18-2014, 11:24 AM
It's ok I just really wish I had a way of contacting that one new cockatiel owner still and giving her my contact information incase she has any other questions as she is really trying to do whats best for her bird I'm assuming it's her first by the way she was talking.I understand and empathize. PF's decisions aren't in the best interest of pet birds much of the time :(

Mare
09-18-2014, 09:38 PM
And that SUCKS, Tony! Not just PF but others, as well! When someone has a real concern about their bird and you have all these dykey personalities jumping in with their "I know it all" advice,,well, ignore it..either that or go to battle and go out fighting! Take it from me..I'm pro! :)

plax
09-18-2014, 09:49 PM
And that SUCKS, Tony! Not just PF but others, as well! When someone has a real concern about their bird and you have all these dykey personalities jumping in with their "I know it all" advice,,well, ignore it..either that or go to battle and go out fighting! Take it from me..I'm pro! :)As I've always said, Mare... responses which are cliquishly correct (CC) should not trump what's logical, responsible, and accurate! :th_shakehead: Unfortunately, too often they are allowed to do so by the powers that be :(

Mare
09-18-2014, 09:52 PM
Yep..sad but true, Tony :(